• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General election - let's undo BREXIT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Well you had Berlusconi as a leader for most of a decade. Had 41 Prime Ministers since 1945. Prior to that were ruled by a fascist who led the country into the Second World War on the wrong side.

Live in a country with a 12% unemployment rate and with a with a debt ratio of 132% of GDP.

The only decent politician, Renzi, managed to get himself unnecessarily out of a job and your opposition party is run by a failed stand-up comic.

So all in all, I don't think the average Italian is any position to make snide comments on UK politics.

Having said that. I've holidayed in Italy a few times and enjoyed it, the people and culture immensely. But I won't be taking a lecture on stable government from an Italian any day soon.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The exit negotiations will be very simple, which is why she is going for an election. Basically no negotiations will take place other than the UK being presented with their unpaid bar bill and a take it or take it offer to move into the EEA as a "transitional" arrangement.
      You think the EU will be that kind to us?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        You think the EU will be that kind to us?
        They may not have a choice... getting planning permits to build new factories to take over from the ones the EU manufacturers will close in the UK takes a long time. The EU's bureaucracy has finally bitten them in their united ass...
        You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Well you had Berlusconi as a leader for most of a decade. Had 41 Prime Ministers since 1945. Prior to that were ruled by a fascist who led the country into the Second World War on the wrong side.

Live in a country with a 12% unemployment rate and with a with a debt ratio of 132% of GDP.

The only decent politician, Renzi, managed to get himself unnecessarily out of a job and your opposition party is run by a failed stand-up comic.

So all in all, I don't think the average Italian is any position to make snide comments on UK politics.

Having said that. I've holidayed in Italy a few times and enjoyed it, the people and culture immensely. But I won't be taking a lecture on stable government from an Italian any day soon.

Oh Dear TomTom,

you haven't been on CUK very long have you.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            Oh Dear TomTom,

you haven't been on CUK very long have you.

Milan.
            I've been on here, far, far to long.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
              They may not have a choice... getting planning permits to build new factories to take over from the ones the EU manufacturers will close in the UK takes a long time. The EU's bureaucracy has finally bitten them in their united ass...
              Which factories did you have in mind that the EU are going to close? Or, to put it another way, what does this country manufacture where the owners are based in the EU?
              Peugeot (Vauxhall). Spare capacity at PSA/Opel (and Renault for the vans).
              BMW (Mini). Variants of it already made outside the UK, so not a big problem.
              Who else?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lyton Crossby is running the Tories election campaign.

He ran Zac Goldsmith's Mayoral election so I urge you all to vote tactically to screw May up.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I've been on here, far, far to long.
                  if that were the case you'd know the only connection I have with Italy is holidaying there in the summers and winters and appreciation of their finer things.

Nevertheless, was a good speech though.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    vote libdem haha
                    Just donated them £100.

More to follow, a lot more...

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      if that were the case you'd know the only connection I have with Italy is holidaying there in the summers and winters and appreciation of their finer things.

Nevertheless, was a good speech though.

Milan.
                      I was expecting you to end that with "So long, Holly"
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X