• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key logging and other forms of viral attack have been around longer than Crypto. Before that, Crims have always found a way to finance their lives. Poor security on your part does not make Crypto bad, any more than a vulnerable person handing over their life savings because 'the bank/police phoned and told me to move my money' makes FIAT bad.

Comment

Yeah, but why ransomware wasn’t as widespread as it is now?

Because tulipcoins enabled means of payment - giving a bank account in Moscow just does not work as well

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        ISO 20022 is important, especially for those holding certain cryptos such as XRP, XDC, ALGO, XLM and some others.

USDC seems to be the accepted stablecoin of choice:

More on ISO20022 here

XRP is currently $0.69 and the SEC case is still ongoing but won't forever.... Not financial advice.
        I didn't yet really get the point of coins like USDT/USDC, rather than USD, anyone?

XRP is quite interesting. If the market weren't in such turmoil I'd be tempted, but right now you might find all crypto falls 40%, before XRP get's a SEC-related 35% boost!

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Yeah, but why ransomware wasn’t as widespread as it is now?

Because tulipcoins enabled means of payment - giving a bank account in Moscow just does not work as well
          It is easier to track crypto in general than cash and that is a fact!

but what do you know about facts? you are the wrong person so talk about facts....

Comment

Originally posted by Jarman View Post
            It is easier to track crypto in general than cash and that is a fact!
            No, it's not easier, that's why cybercriminals use it so much now - ransomware attacks were practically unheard of until 5 years ago, now they are hitting critical infrastucture on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I didn't yet really get the point of coins like USDT/USDC, rather than USD, anyone?

XRP is quite interesting. If the market weren't in such turmoil I'd be tempted, but right now you might find all crypto falls 40%, before XRP get's a SEC-related 35% boost!
              USDC and stablecoins are just tokenized USD/FIAT that can be moved around on blockchains. You can be in crypto with 100% stablecoins and stake them on DeFi projects for yield. Quite a few people are doing this in the bear market. Risk is that they lose their peg or get banned. USDT is at risk of this at the moment, USDC however is the Goldman coin and ISO20022 chosen one for stable. Could even end up becoming the digital dollar.

CBDCs (central bank digital currencies) are on the way and DLT (distributed ledger tech - AKA blockchain) are in the works for a new global financial infrastructure.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

"Barclays stops UK clients from sending funds to Binance

Move comes after regulator said exchange not authorised to conduct crypto business in Britain

Barclays has stopped UK customers from transferring funds to Binance after the Financial Conduct Authority last month said the digital asset exchange was not authorised to undertake crypto business within UK borders. The London-based bank on Monday notified clients of the prohibition on debit and credit payments to Binance, which it said would start immediately and was intended “to help to keep your money safe”. “This action does not impact on the ability for customers to withdraw funds from Binance,” the bank said. “The decision has been taken following the FCA warning to consumers.”

https://www.ft.com/content/abc04cc0-...e-49c85014fa3f

A nothingburger they said.

Also, why fans of tulipcoins care so much about fiat? They don't need fiat because they've got superior tulipcoins, so stay with them forever.

Comment

Yet another, nothingburger -

"Binance ‘temporarily suspends’ payments from EU’s Sepa network

Latest block comes after flurry of regulatory pushbacks against crypto exchange

Binance said it will suspend euro bank deposits from one of Europe’s key payments networks in the latest sign of how the crypto firm is losing key connections to the conventional financial system following a regulatory crackdown. In an email to users on Tuesday, the exchange said that from 8am universal co-ordinated time on Wednesday, customers would no longer be able to deposit funds through the Single Euro Payments Area, or Sepa, schemes. Its move was due to “events beyond our control”, the exchange said."

https://www.ft.com/content/bf99e9e3-...1-8bd70b884b3f

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    ...because depending on your tax regime cashing out to fiat might involve a CGT payment.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      ...because depending on your tax regime cashing out to fiat might involve a CGT payment.
                      So tax evasion, eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X