• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Uh, my post also didn't sound quite how I wanted it to when I read it back; sorry. Rather than "you" and being pointed, it was written with more a sense of "one must" - i.e. we all need to change the way we think, not you in particular Lockhouse. Sorry!
    I actually agree with you
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Latest TDV (premium) newsletter goes over a whole portfolio of gold stocks they are predicting could 10x this year. XAU (weekly chart) is pushing at a massive resistance point with a fairly large cycle H&S pattern...

Thing about holding physical/paper gold is that AFAIK the government will confiscate it and make owning it illegal - this I believe has happened in the past:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve..._10708196.html

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Latest TDV (premium) newsletter goes over a whole portfolio of gold stocks they are predicting could 10x this year. XAU (weekly chart) is pushing at a massive resistance point with a fairly large cycle H&S pattern...

Thing about holding physical/paper gold is that AFAIK the government will confiscate it and make owning it illegal - this I believe has happened in the past:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve..._10708196.html

looking through the patented MilanBenes restricted vision glasses, I can clearly see, that it is safer to say, that should it ever happen, perish the thought, that currencies somehow taking on a form of au backing, then paper holders will not benefit from the transition as much as those holding physical

but what does a tape changer know eh

Milan.

Comment

Woohoo! First Eth payment

A whole £45 pounds worth.. Not bad for four days of mining. Worked my leccy cost out at £1.70/day at the wall. ROI mining Ethereum therefore happens in approximately 6 months if the value stays the same. Which I am betting it won't... I am hoping for an increase. After those 6 months, pure profit less the leccy costs.

Not as quick an ROI as mining Zen when it was at $50 a coin but, not a million miles off and at this moment in time I would rather back a mainstream currency, given that an exchange in Japan got shutdown with all trades suspended today. Coinbase I feel is at least relatively safe although I should probably be keeping my ETH in a software wallet...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            I was thinking of selling some of my gold holding to buy crypto, but maybe I'll hang on a while longer.

Some argue that gold has been in a new bull market for 2 years although it's hardly been rip roaring.

Maybe if it can break decisively above $1400 we might get a decent run up.

Comment

where do you guys buy gold?
              looks like uphold has a function for it. is it as simple as transferring to the uphold GBP card and then moving to the XAU one?
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                I was thinking of selling some of my gold holding to buy crypto, but maybe I'll hang on a while longer.

Some argue that gold has been in a new bull market for 2 years although it's hardly been rip roaring.

Maybe if it can break decisively above $1400 we might get a decent run up.

Well looking at current gold price chart going back to early 1970s, it's a lot closer to the all time high of a few years ago than the long term average before recent times and exponential national debt.

Falls into my "do you feel lucky punk" risk rating.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

For those of you who haven't yet taken a position in ETH - looking at what's being said at Davos I think you may want to. Bitcoin appears to be taking a bit of a bashing, but Blockchain in general is being discussed in length and to be well received.

Also rumor has it Etherium is going to be used to construct some kind of noncorruptable voting system for the Brazillian government, because ETH is much more than just a currency. Starting to take a real interest in this particular technology now.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    Scoots,

if we consider BTC as a financial instrument, then the BTC we know today is very immature regarding compliance, regulation, application, when compared to other financial instruments

during BTC's journey to maturity I expect to see:

. KYC and legal compliance - ownership cannot be anonynmous forever, if you buy more than 10k worth of AU even, then you have to provide your details, BTC cannot go for ever with anonymity

. Regulation along similar lines standards as other financial instruments

. Application - BTC needs to be traded by the larger exchanges, you know the real ones, not the silly startups, there needs to be market makers and proper market manipulation like in the real markets, and there needs to be paper futures and naked shorting to put it on a par with other financial instruments, this will succeed to take away the wild west short term price swings which we currently see

enjoy the ride for now, because in the future Crypto Utility and Security tokens will be just like any other financial instruments

Milan.

One might argue the same for using cash. Where is the KYC regulations every time I use cash? Be it £5 or £50k?

I'm in no doubt many of those crypto currencies will disappear just like internet companies did in the dot com era. My only mission is to make a ton of cash during the bull market. Notwithstanding speculative trading, there are indeed some blockchain use cases that are far beyond being a financial instrument.

Consider Factcom (FCT), you know, were records kept in this fashion before 2007's little crash then it might never have happened because there was no possibility to cook the books.

Any way, schönes Wochenende jeder, ich bin Skifahren.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Consider Factcom (FCT), you know, were records kept in this fashion before 2007's little crash then it might never have happened because there was no possibility to cook the books.

Any way, schönes Wochenende jeder, ich bin Skifahren.
                      To be fair, could blockchain if implemented correctly have prevented the entire crash on Wall Street? All of those packaged bad debts couldn't have been re-sold back with their new A+++ rating or however it worked, been too long since I watched The Big Short.

Comment

Working...
                      X