• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I wonder what Scooter is up to?

My bet is that he cashed out most of his BTC to FIAT and is living is large now.

My bet is also that the crypto market will not see a recovery. Maybe a dead cat bounce here and there. But not a recovery. Which is a shame, because I was starting to invest and had eyes on a decent size mining rig.
    Been travelling the past few days. Don't go to Bristol. It rains rains and rains. And the roundabouts, traffic lights at every entrance / exit with road works to boot. Drive a man mad.

I've not crashed out and have no intention of doing so either. What was the first thing I said? Ignore the dollar value. If you're unable to do this you're in the wrong game. The way to make a ton of money this year is to accumulate coins. And I've been doing exactly that. When any of my alt's or ICO's I've bought into make significant gains (stellar like gains) I'll dump the profits into BTC and leave them there until the year's end.

A mining rig? Looks like Samsung is jumping on board. You'd be mad to get out of crypto at the minute, mad as a box of frogs.

Samsung enters crypto-currency chips business

One expert said Samsung's move represented a bet that Bitcoin's rise in value does not represent a bubble that is about to burst.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 31 January 2018, 20:36.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I gave the Lunyr tip a few months ago. 1100% from that one in BTC terms since. The XVG tip is going to take a while longer, be patient.

Got an ICO tip I'm buying into.. The reason being because I believe decentralised exchanges are going to be the headline making stories come the year's end.

This one is called NEX. https://neonexchange.org

I'm particular excited about this one for two reasons. 1) It's using the NEO blockchain as it under layer 2) NEO is already approved for use in China.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

PS: If you're holding ETC... move it off the exchange into a cold wallet before March 1st, if you've not done so already.

Comment

Morning Scoots and All,

I totally agree "coins" are not going away, and this is just the beginning.

Have a read of this:

http://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAs...rings-icos.pdf

Prediction: It's only a matter of time before the bricks and mortar Exchanges are trading coin instruments, and coin trading and holding comes out of the shadows and into the mainstream.

Regarding valuations of coins, do your own research.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            PS: If you're holding ETC... move it off the exchange into a cold wallet before March 1st, if you've not done so already.
            Because of the fork?
            What's the best offline wallet these days? Looks to be myetherwallet with metamask from what I can tell
            Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 1 February 2018, 08:25.
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

this is scary

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/ci...hain-fall-rise

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                Because of the fork?
                What's the best offline wallet these days? Looks to be myetherwallet with metamask from what I can tell
                Yes. Using the same combination.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  I'd stay away from Tether full stop. They were hacked not long ago. Also, from my point of view, you're effectively moving money into FIAT - which might weaken any tax argument you had about when you transferred your crypto into real cash.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    Morning Scoots and All,

I totally agree "coins" are not going away, and this is just the beginning.

The accessibility of ICO's compared to IPO's is making investment to everyone ridiculously easy. Of course there's a lot of guff out there. Amongst them, however, is the new Facebook or Google.

Anything that involves fast trading, low fees, and decentralised exchanging is a win in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Got an ICO tip I'm buying into.. The reason being because I believe decentralised exchanges are going to be the headline making stories come the year's end.

This one is called NEX. https://neonexchange.org

I'm particular excited about this one for two reasons. 1) It's using the NEO blockchain as it under layer 2) NEO is already approved for use in China.

If they come under US jurisdiction then their blurb about moving into decentralised banking may raise the same interest that got AriseBank's ICO shut down as 'a scam'.

The banksters don't want to lose their monopoly even if they think it's to monopoly money.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X