• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    If they come under US jurisdiction then their blurb about moving into decentralised banking may raise the same interest that got AriseBank's ICO shut down as 'a scam'.

The banksters don't want to lose their monopoly even if they think it's to monopoly money.
    Damn...was just composing a 'Yay...post 4000' post and you beat me to it
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      The accessibility of ICO's compared to IPO's is making investment to everyone ridiculously easy. Of course there's a lot of guff out there. Amongst them, however, is the new Facebook or Google.

Anything that involves fast trading, low fees, and decentralised exchanging is a win in my book.
      precisely and if you read the E&Y document which I posted above this is what they are saying

ICO is now actually filling that gap that the AIM market used to fill, except these days the AIM market has been so abused as a quick way onto the SE that to get onto aim you've got to be a 250million company

so ICO's are now providing AIM style access to capital for smaller companies

and that's why it is clear to see that ICO's need to be bought into the mainstream, regulated like a less regulated public company, eg like AIM, or the other newer markets around the world, tradeable on these mainstream exchanges and with proper market makers and proper compliance and regulation and reporting and this is where it will go

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        precisely and if you read the E&Y document which I posted above this is what they are saying

ICO is now actually filling that gap that the AIM market used to fill, except these days the AIM market has been so abused as a quick way onto the SE that to get onto aim you've got to be a 250million company

so ICO's are now providing AIM style access to capital for smaller companies

and that's why it is clear to see that ICO's need to be bought into the mainstream, regulated like a less regulated public company, eg like AIM, or the other newer markets around the world, tradeable on these mainstream exchanges and with proper market makers and proper compliance and regulation and reporting and this is where it will go

Milan.
        Also anyone can invest in them for a very low amount. Not unlike crowdfunding - it's basically the new crowdfunding. Although potential massive future companies that can be invested in by non-sophisticated investors.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Also anyone can invest in them for a very low amount. Not unlike crowdfunding - it's basically the new crowdfunding. Although potential massive future companies that can be invested in by non-sophisticated investors.
          agreed

and just imagine, when ICO's/coins will be regulated and accessible on the bricks and mortar exchanges
          then the coins will be accessible to everybody

Milan.

Comment

BTC could be breaking support... Very impressed with ETH these last few days I must say
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              BTC could be breaking support... Very impressed with ETH these last few days I must say
              Can see lots of demand around $9200.

ETC and Dash are looking bullish at the minute too. Impressive how, compared to BTC, their $ value has not changed much.

XRP looks like it might spring upwards if it hits the dollar mark. Seeing a few predictions suggesting $5 by the end of March. Don't know about that.

LTC - what's happened to LTC? No demand whatsoever.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                Damn...was just composing a 'Yay...post 4000' post and you beat me to it
                Sorry, didn't even spot the thread's post count.

Bitcoin 'getting hammered' again. News of India's budget denouncing bitcoin but supporting blockchain being taken as 'bitcoin is banned'.

Oh well, buy the dips.

Unless it's a drop due to other fears such as the ongoing Tester 'scandal'.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

PM me if you want the PBC tether report and you've got concerns BTC is going down to < $1k
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    PM me if you want the PBC tether report and you've got concerns BTC is going down to < $1k

I gotta say Scoots, your generosity is exemplary

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      I gotta say Scoots, your generosity is exemplary

Milan.
                      Have already made more money that I thought possible.. share the joy seems right. Also some of the folks I've shared with agreed to provide a % of their profits based on this advice to charity.

Comment

Working...
                      X