• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarman View Post

Absolute nonsense amigo. BTC was created after the financial fu&%up in 2008. The world needs a better financial system and BTC/crypto is the answer for it.

You keep cutting trees and printing money, we'll see who wins
    But this is the thing, you don't need to cut trees and print money in a modern economy. I don't use real cash for anything, it's all via my card, so in essence the GBP I use is already electronic. same when I travel abroad, I rarely use paper money (depending where I go in the world I may take a wodge of $1 notes for tips, but let's face it, the porters in these countries are not likely to be accepting cypto coin any time soon)

Let's face it .. crypto is not real. It's a made up thing to get certain people excited and to want it (demand) and the supply is being controlled by those that really want more real $. Crypto is the emperor's new clothes, it's vapourware, it's totally made up. I didn't realise Bitcoin was limited to 21 million coins - that's hilarious.

But I am learning something here - those who came in early are talking it all up as they need the late joiners to keep the prices high to fund their retirement. Now I get why AtW calls it a ponzi scheme.
    Last edited by Whorty; 3 June 2021, 19:31.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

But this is the thing, you don't need to cut trees and print money in a modern economy. I don't use real cash for anything, it's all via my card, so in essence the GBP I use is already electronic. same when I travel abroad, I rarely use paper money (depending where I go in the world I may take a wodge of $1 notes for tips, but let's face it, the porters in these countries are not likely to be accepting cypto coin any time soon)

Let's face it .. crypto is not real. It's a made up thing to get certain people excited and to want it (demand) and the supply is being controlled by those that really want more real $. Crypto is the emperor's new clothes, it's vapourware, it's totally made up. I didn't realise Bitcoin was limited to 21 million coins - that's hilarious.

But I am learning something here - those who came in early are talking it all up as they need the late joiners to keep the prices high to fund their retirement. Now I get why AtW calls it a ponzi scheme.
      1) Well you are still adding supply so with fiat you need to "create" more money, physical or DIGITAL.

2) Oh believe me, crypto is real, the same way your balance is in your bank account. You can spend it the same way!

3) Yes, but I cannot see why that is hilarious? It's the solution!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Now I get why AtW calls it a ponzi scheme.
        It was elementary, my dear Whorty

Comment

I'm not sure how crypto is less real than traditional currency, at least since we lost gold reserves and so on? There are a certain number of units of currency mostly in computers which you can exchange with someone else. There are a certain number of units of crypto which you can exchange.

In fact crypto is in some ways more 'real'. If you want to safely hide your pounds away from the bank, the only way is in paper currency. If it's bitcoins, you can download them to a USB drive and hide it. Every dollar is just a number on a computer system - every bitcoin has (in simple terms) it's own distinguishing number like a serial number on a bank note.

I'm not a crypto advocate, I just find it interesting. I agree it's ultimately a confidence trick but no more so than the traditional financial system. It's just currency.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Jarman View Post

1) Well you are still adding supply so with fiat you need to "create" more money, physical or DIGITAL.

2) Oh believe me, crypto is real, the same way your balance is in your bank account. You can spend it the same way!

3) Yes, but I cannot see why that is hilarious? It's the solution!
            Son of Scooty or is it the man himself in sockie mode?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              It's just currency.
              No, it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

It was elementary, my dear Whorty
                So is the canal lol

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

vague, do you have an argument to make there about crypto or something? Oh let me guess, it is not real, but a number on a piece of paper is.. yea right

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I'm not sure how crypto is less real than traditional currency, at least since we lost gold reserves and so on? There are a certain number of units of currency mostly in computers which you can exchange with someone else. There are a certain number of units of crypto which you can exchange.

In fact crypto is in some ways more 'real'. If you want to safely hide your pounds away from the bank, the only way is in paper currency. If it's bitcoins, you can download them to a USB drive and hide it. Every dollar is just a number on a computer system - every bitcoin has (in simple terms) it's own distinguishing number like a serial number on a bank note.

I'm not a crypto advocate, I just find it interesting. I agree it's ultimately a confidence trick but no more so than the traditional financial system. It's just currency.
                    They are not a currency since they are not issued by the Government....YET - 2021 and 2022 will be quite interesting in that regard

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Nah, can't be Scooty, not enough use of crayons

Comment

Working...
                      X