• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to have piled in at exactly the wrong moment. Not for the first time :-)

Holding Ethereum, Stellar Lumens, Ripple and a few others.

All down about 80%

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Hold both also, more so in XMR. XMR already has adoption in 50+ retail stores.
      One more retail store and they'll overtake AmEx!

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        I have positions in both.
        Honestly...I think I have more confidence in XMR than ADA but that is only because of recent news about possible rifts in the team. I believe they both have important parts to play going forwards but my position sizes are suitably small in both
        Hold both also, more so in XMR. XMR already has adoption in 50+ retail stores.
        Thanks chaps.

Think I'll pick up some XMR. Got 0.1 BTC sitting in Bittrex after a recent alt P&D trade so that equates to 2x 0.05 BTC alt trades. I'll get some XMR and take a shorter term speculative P&D in some alt. So which one will 5-10x in the next week or so...
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          One more retail store and they'll overtake AmEx!
          Thanks for the advice!
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for the advice!
            The Amex, Santander and Ripple project seems to be making good progress.

American Express vice president Colin O'Flaherty confirmed last week at Money 20/20 Europe that the firm would be using Ripple's xCurrent tool to enable global transactions at higher speeds and greater levels of transparency.

"Ripple offers instantaneous, point-to-point conversations between the sender and receiver of funds. And that provides a real opportunity to alleviate most of the issues our customers are facing," said Flaherty at the event, speaking of the challenges small-to-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) encounter when engaging in cross-border payments.

The xCurrent product is already being used by Santander to enable their OnePayFX service which allows customers to complete international transfers either on the same day or the next one.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

"The xCurrent product is already being used by Santander to enable their OnePayFX service which allows customers to complete international transfers either on the same day or the next one. "

Wow, what a breakthrough!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                "The xCurrent product is already being used by Santander to enable their OnePayFX service which allows customers to complete international transfers either on the same day or the next one. "

Wow, what a breakthrough!!!
                isnt that better than the current solution?
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                  isnt that better than the current solution?
                  It's just a really bad wording in the article. No it's not really for standard European transfers but no EEA countries can be up to 4 days so yes will be much faster.. but I think the process is hoped to be near instantaneous which is a massive improvement from 1 to 2 days. Poor reporting IMO.

I mean, no one says 'same day or maybe the next', except for Scooter when consulting his tea leaves about the future of crypto.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So I bought some XMR (HODL) and some VIB (P&D).

Bit rusty but I think the alt P&D game is tentatively back on

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      Bit rusty but I think the alt P&D game is tentatively back on
                      BTC has been floating around the $6k mark since June, longest consolidation period I've ever seen in the space!

Still got until Friday before the 85% side of the wall is hit.. perhaps it'll mark the end of the consolidation period.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X