• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Why is BTC dominance predicted to pullback this time when all the recent news about potential investment money flooding in is in relation to bitcoin,
    A few reasons. History repeating. Cup n handle formation. When something tests a previous ceiling it'll pull back. I don't know why, it just does. Stocks n shares, crypto, you see it everywhere. It's like the leave camp asking for a new deal, rejected, repackage and ask again, rejected. You know they're going to get dumped.

w.r.t to investment flooding in, that'll happen the moment the custodian is in place. We now know who that is, they're currently having an audit done with PWC. That'll be the flood gates for institutional investment. The ETF will happen sometime later creating a further boast. It should be noted the institutional investment is not restricted to BTC.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      When something tests a previous ceiling it'll pull back. I don't know why, it just does.
      You're seeing Unicorns because you're looking for Unicorns.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Cybertulips are tanking, it's all over, DOOMED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          You're seeing Unicorns because you're looking for Unicorns.
          Just because he may be ignorant of the cause(s), does not necessarily mean he is wrong;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Support_and_resistance
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Cybertulips are tanking, it's all over, DOOMED!!!
            Be very careful that your posts are not mistaken for illegal (selling) advice....
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              Be very careful that your posts are not mistaken for illegal (selling) advice....
              I have no conflict of interest, pooperscooper got it - he is making money from this global fraud by helping perpetrate it.

Comment

I have no conflict of interest, pooperscooper got it - he is making money from this global fraud by helping perpetrate it.
                That post looks like libel.
                (I hope you have some good evidence to back up your statement.)

Ps. You don't have to have a conflict of interest, to have committed an offence - so be careful...
                https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/und...ce-investments
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Strange how you've not answered my question yet.

Do you own Bitcoin?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Oh meant to say earlier, this is 99% the likely crypto custodian for institutional investors: https://www.northerntrust.com

And it's not just wallets for Bitcoin they'll be holding. Hardly anyone is talking about it either so blinded are they by this ETF business. The NT news is mega bullish when you understand the volume these hedge funds are looking to buy. My bet is many of those that panicked sold on the way down will be chasing it back up.

Northern Trust Opens Doors To Cryptocurrency Hedge Funds As Part Of Pervasive Blockchain Expansion

Comment

That article about Northern Trust says:

While Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services had $370 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2018, the financial institution is not currently taking direct custody of cryptocurrency. Nor does Cherecwich expect the company will custody cryptocurrency in the near future. Instead, he says helping the company’s customers account for their cryptocurrency investments is part of a larger effort to prepare for the day when fiat currencies are also issued on a blockchain.

So they are creating blockchain solutions to improve business management but not currently planning on being custodian of any cryptocurrency. Not seeing what you see.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X