• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone remember Affinity Internet Holdings going through the roof during the dotcom bubble and some analysts predicting that once it slid back to less than it started were still saying buy and that it will recover back to its peak? I say remember them becasue they went bust 10 years ago. It's like a de ja Vue moment.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Chill chinchilla - I've been hit hard n all - glad I took some profits earlier in the year. Here's an important indicator that's telling us much but being ignored by most. BTC dominance is approaching the high it did in December before the alt-run began. Two things (I think I've said it before!)

1) If you're long on BTC and risk averse, do nothing. BTC will be $60k end of this year, $100k next. +/- a few $k will seem like peanuts soon enough.

2) If you're 90% in alts (like me) you'll have experienced a 50-90% pullback. Myself around 40%, but that's cause I've been in the game longer. I can't stress enough what a strong opportunity is about to begin. The opportunity to gain Satoshi value will be huge. It'll not occur in a day or a week but over a month. It should be strikingly obvious when to move those gains back into BTC.

That said, there could be black swan events on some alts, so for sure I'll not be going short on some positions after the run, I'd rather ride out the correction. Those include Zencash, CVC, DRGN, ETHOS, XMR.

PS: This is not financial advice just my own opinion.

You advice looks very much like the sales patter for some scam investment to me. Stating ludicrous numbers what it will be end of the year and next year, can't stress enough what a strong opportunity.. Yadda yadda.

Maybe you should think about how you word your opinions better.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You advice looks very much like the sales patter for some scam investment to me. Stating ludicrous numbers what it will be end of the year and next year, can't stress enough what a strong opportunity.. Yadda yadda.

Maybe you should think about how you word your opinions better.
        You have to say that. It's the contrary position. Experience and confidence on the technology tell me otherwise. Yes 900+ of the projects out there are tosh, some of the most successful are not even listed yet. But I'm still bullish about the coming months and they'll make the losses so far seem like pennies.

I said this last April, little did I know years meant 6 months.

Now consider a 60% pullback on $3k to $1.8k last July, everyone freaked out. How laughable that seems now.
        Last edited by scooterscot; 14 August 2018, 11:00.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You have to say that. It's the contrary position. Experience and confidence on the technology tell me otherwise. Yes 900+ of the projects out there are tosh, some of the most successful are not even listed yet. But I'm still bullish about the coming months and they'll make the losses so far seem like pennies.

I said this last April, little did I know years meant 6 months.

You can claim a boom and bust means you called it right.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            You can claim a boom and bust means you called it right.
            Whose bust? This party is only just beginning.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Whose bust? This party is only just beginning.
              That comment is a perfect reason of why this thread has become a complete waste of time and your ludicrous statements are getting harder and harder to take seriously.

I'm sure I don't need to explain to you what a boom and bust cycle is but just for reference..

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b...bust-cycle.asp

What is 'Boom And Bust Cycle'

A boom and bust cycle is a process of economic expansion and contraction that occurs repeatedly. The boom and bust cycle is a key characteristic of today’s capitalist economies. During the boom the economy grows, jobs are plentiful and the market brings high returns to investors. In the subsequent bust the economy shrinks, people lose their jobs and investors lose money. Boom-bust cycles last for varying lengths of time; they also vary in severity.
              If you can't even admit crypto has been through a boom and bust cycle how on earth can anyone take anything you say seriously?

Comment

I disagree. Crypto is in an uptrend channel. The bust 'the dot-com' like bust is still a couple of year away.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Oh dear - illegal financial advice offered! MODS!!!
                  You've been told of the correct process to follow, if you believe illegal advice has been given on this forum;
                  https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2576742

Why do you think I said '(and CUK)' in my linked post?

The admin/mods have a duty to remove such material, otherwise they are also in breach, so either;

1) The mods don't believe scooters posts are giving illegal advice,
                  2) They don't know the rules around it & therefore are ignorant,
                  3) They JDGAF

HTH
                  Originally posted by Old Greg
                  I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                    You've been told of the correct process to follow, if you believe illegal advice has been given on this forum;
                    https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2576742

Why do you think I said '(and CUK)' in my linked post?

The admin/mods have a duty to remove such material, otherwise they are also in breach, so either;

1) The mods don't believe scooters posts are giving illegal advice,
                    2) They don't know the rules around it & therefore are ignorant,
                    3) They JDGAF

HTH
                    Option 3 is the one for me!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Why is BTC dominance predicted to pullback this time when all the recent news about potential investment money flooding in is in relation to bitcoin, which is seeing movement in financial instruments being made available (futures, ETFs, institutional investors looking to diversify risk from traditional assets currently in bubble territory, ...)?

Seems the alts are mainly a high risk short term pump and dump investment unless you spend the time to seek out the projects with real potential and some momentum in achieving it, rather than taking shills bigging up a tulipcoin that has delivered nothing of substance so far at face value.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X