• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Keep 1/2 a million on Bittrex. It's the only way to be sure.

I don't like their closed door policy.

Still not open to new registrations. How long does it take for them to boot up a second laptop.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
      I'm no expert, but I'm too staying well clear of BitConnect.
      FUD..Looks like another US state is now gunning after Bitconnect...
      First there was Texas..

Now Carolina..

The Bitconnect companies mentioned in the latest S&D have registered offices at
      a) Regus in kent
      b) the tower block next to Euston
      c) nice detached 'ouse in Scouse land

Comment

Which only lends suspicion that BitConnectX is being launched due to the net closing on BitConnect.

Comment

DTB/BTC looks like it may have just broken up from a penant. Not much volume yet but we may be at the start of a climb
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Exactly. I can and have built up a number of Bitcoins just through alt-coin trading. And I don't care what the dollar price is doing because I know by the end of 2018 we'll be a new all time high. Importantly I don't trade that often, perhaps every other week.

When you start to think this way, i.e. ignore the dollar value, your focus is much more strategic.
            But this means despite all your trading you are essentially long bitcoin if you stick to your strat. So if you stick to your strat and bitcoin in the end tanks, you will lose everything.

Unless you are capitalising some profits along the way?

Comment

I do take out profits along the way, but only after one year they've been held in crypto. Otherwise I'm required to pay tax on the gains. As such I'll sell some BTC now and again, but not because I need to.

Also, bitcoin is going to $100k, it may correct now and again but's going to hit $100k before 18 months is over. At that time I'll take a far bigger chunk out.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I do take out profits along the way, but only after one year they've been held in crypto. Otherwise I'm required to pay tax on the gains.

Also, bitcoin is going to $100k, it may correct now and again but's going to hit $100k before 18 months is over. At that time I'll take a far bigger chunk out.
                Out of curiosity, what makes you think it's going to $100k?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonymustwearbriefs View Post
                  But this means despite all your trading you are essentially long bitcoin if you stick to your strat. So if you stick to your strat and bitcoin in the end tanks, you will lose everything.

Unless you are capitalising some profits along the way?
                  Most are traded against BTC, so there's not really any other way to view a trade as successful than increasing it's value against BTC.

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
                    Out of curiosity, what makes you think it's going to $100k?
                    It's not so much Bitcoin, it's the market. Bitcoin going to $100k is a result of many factor, there being only ~19 million coins, the demand, it being the first, the amount of money trying to get into the market as we speak is like watching a pressure cooker ready to explode.

The market we're not seeing is not unlike the dot-com bubble, we only see these bullish markets once every 20-30 years.

In order to satisfy the demand of a limited supply the price is the only thing that's free to move. It is this demand which I've been informed about, and I'm rather convinced about it to.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It's not so much Bitcoin, it's the market. Bitcoin going to $100k is a result of many factor, there being only ~19 million coins, the demand, it being the first, the amount of money trying to get into the market as we speak is like watching a pressure cooker ready to explode.

The market we're not seeing is not unlike the dot-com bubble, we only see these bullish markets once every 20-30 years.

In order to satisfy the demand of a limited supply the price is the only thing that's free to move. It is this demand which I've been informed about, and I'm rather convinced about it to.
                      But it is then a surprise when we have days like today, and more so the fact that BTC is stuck in a range, perhaps tilting down, between $12k and $17k. I mean, if there was this pressure cooker effect then surely a constant stream of inflows should heavily outnumber the outflows from people taking profits, which would lead to a constant and continuing strong upward price movement.

Comment

Working...
                      X