• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Bcash - I've got far too much tied up in this coin than I should. $8k would be great whenever you're ready.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Come on Bcash - I've got far too much tied up in this coin than I should. $8k would be great whenever you're ready.
      Not been enabled on coinbase yet...surely will rise when that happens
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        Not been enabled on coinbase yet...surely will rise when that happens
        I hope so, I need to start building positions in ARK, NEO and EOS before they go up too much.. BCash is sitting doing not much while others are rising. Might trade in my LTC instead while I wait.

Also anyone holding DASH? Thinking of dumping this for something with more growth potential.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I hope so, I need to start building positions in ARK, NEO and EOS before they go up too much.. BCash is sitting doing not much while others are rising. Might trade in my LTC instead while I wait.

Also anyone holding DASH? Thinking of dumping this for something with more growth potential.
          I have about 1.4 DASH in my HODL group.
          It's been a bit pants so far, I agree ... but worth holding I reckon
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            But it is then a surprise when we have days like today, and more so the fact that BTC is stuck in a range, perhaps tilting down, between $12k and $17k. I mean, if there was this pressure cooker effect then surely a constant stream of inflows should heavily outnumber the outflows from people taking profits, which would lead to a constant and continuing strong upward price movement.
            The flood gates are not yet opened. Not many of the main 'reputable' exchanges accepting new customers. If they don't get their act together soon the pent up demand may go seeking alternative investments, especially if BTC and the alts show a weakening position due to lack of new 'investment' and people taking profits.

Many of those already in the exchanges are holding or shuffling between coins so the overall market cap* is being restricted until new money is allowed to join.

* It's still doubled from 400 to 800 billion dollars in the last month though. Imagine what it would reach if everyone wanting to join the mania was allowed in to play.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

you say that and then this update happens:
              https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BC...er_idea_update

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                The flood gates are not yet opened. Not many of the main 'reputable' exchanges accepting new customers. If they don't get their act together soon the pent up demand may go seeking alternative investments, especially if BTC and the alts show a weakening position due to lack of new 'investment' and people taking profits.

Many of those already in the exchanges are holding or shuffling between coins so the overall market cap* is being restricted until new money is allowed to join.

* It's still doubled from 400 to 800 billion dollars in the last month though. Imagine what it would reach if everyone wanting to join the mania was allowed in to play.

Totally agree. It's not just cUK but university friends, relatives, skiing buddies, they're all in contact asking how to get in or explaining their frustrations of the time it is taking. It's a pressure cooker of epic proportions.

Be patient.

As I've said before 2018 is going to be the mother of all bull runs. Don't take it for granted either when it happens, it'll correct big time once it hits $100k but may flay past it just like it did $10k in December of the psychology of it all.

We should see corrections along Fibonacci Sequence: 13, $21, $34, $55, $89, $144,

13 we've done. 21 is next. In-between those values alt's will grow and shrink after the sequence number has passed.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Totally agree. It's not just cUK but university friends, relatives, skiing buddies, they're all in contact asking how to get in or explaining their frustrations of the time it is taking. It's a pressure cooker of epic proportions.

Be patient.

As I've said before 2018 is going to be the mother of all bull runs. Don't take it for granted either when it happens, it'll correct big time once it hits $100k but may flay past it just like it did $10k in December of the psychology of it all.

We should see corrections along Fibonacci Sequence: 13, $21, $34, $55, $89, $144,

13 we've done. 21 is next. In-between those values alt's will grow and shrink after the sequence number has passed.
                  So accumulating BTCs is still the name of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I do take out profits along the way, but only after one year they've been held in crypto. Otherwise I'm required to pay tax on the gains. As such I'll sell some BTC now and again, but not because I need to.

Also, bitcoin is going to $100k, it may correct now and again but's going to hit $100k before 18 months is over. At that time I'll take a far bigger chunk out.
                    So are you saying no CGT just because you've held for more than a year? Not sure if thats strictly correct is it?
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

So accumulating BTCs is still the name of the game?
                      That's what I did with Stellar and Litecoin last year.

Bought 4 BTC's of Stellar at $0.0032 I think it was when BTC was around £700, it then exploded 1100% back in June was it, sold it back into BTC. Similar thing with LTC, entered at $7 - BTC will never increase as fast as the ALT's but that's the game. Have had some great losses too! Usually through day trading. One day I saw something like £150k drop, - took some months later to control the emotions. This crypto changes your everyday life. One minute you're elated the next suicidal.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X