• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

down about 6% so far today... QTUM is down 40%. Stake in NMR has and ETC has held back the fall.

So what's causing all this?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

yeah I'm down a bit as well. dropped under 20k for the first time in ages. I have about 20 coin types overall.
      Just sit tight and ride it out.
      Time seems to have slowed since I decided to sit back and HODL
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

did anyone have a BitPay debit card like me?

they announced on Saturday that Visa has instructed them to close all their debit card programs

I've been waiting for a replacement card for months, and have funds tied up in the account

BitPay say they'll refund balances but given their lead times on support it could be another 6 months . . . quite the tulip show

Comment

Are we starting to see a regulatory squeeze perhaps?

Comment

https://bettingbitcoin.io/cryptocurr...ax-treatments/

Anyone read this? Complicated it seems....
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              down about 6% so far today... QTUM is down 40%. Stake in NMR has and ETC has held back the fall.

So what's causing all this?
              BTC is falling - possibly dragging everything else with it. There was news that China wants to start winding down all the mining that's happening there - which is a lot, like most BTC mining I think.

Also South Korean banks are being investigated over Crypto transactions

Massive part of the crypto market there as well.

Bad news day with double whammy from China and SK...

Then there's this:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...short-position

It'll all be green again in a couple of days - wonder what nice bargains there are...
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Can't they ease off the complexity of the BTC mining to make it more cost effective outside of China? Problem solved.

Though they could take it back to being so easy anyone can have a go. They do have a plan for how to keep miners engaged, for the proof of work security aspect of the blockchain, once all the coins are mined anyway, surely?

Would solve the high fees and slow transaction issues too, if there were lots more miners engaged.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Coinmarketcap have excluded South Korean excahnges from thier price calculations which have reduced their price calculations:

https://themerkle.com/coinmarketcap-...drops-by-50bn/

So there is a delta between market prices including Korean exchanges and not including Korean exchanges - which is being filled now then it will be BAU.

I'm going on a splurge if it hasn't recovered by the time I get back to my nano tonight...
                  Last edited by Jog On; 8 January 2018, 15:37.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

The fear is impressive to see as always, creates many buying opportunities.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                      did anyone have a BitPay debit card like me?

they announced on Saturday that Visa has instructed them to close all their debit card programs

I've been waiting for a replacement card for months, and have funds tied up in the account

BitPay say they'll refund balances but given their lead times on support it could be another 6 months . . . quite the tulip show

Any Bitcoin Visa debit cards issued by WaveCrest Gibraltar (BitPay, Xapo, Bitwala, TenX, Wirex, Cryptopay and others) are now apparently 'toast', balances safe.
                      Not regulatory against Crypto, apparently WaveCrest have been naughty boys with Visa.

Shame as I was considering ordering one !

Comment

Working...
                      X