• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Referendum Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scottish Referendum Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again...

Scottish independence: Nicola Sturgeon to seek second referendum - BBC News

Looks like Nicola Sturgeon wants to check up again, just in case the Scots have changed their mind regarding breaking away from the U.K.. In some ways fair play because of Brexit and how it could change things but just imagine if everyone got out of bed in the morning and said "I declare my apartment in Ludlow independent of the UK with it's own laws, money and tax policies, lets have a referendum in my home about it.", ok an apartment in Ludlow doesn't have any existing laws and independent economy but what the heck .. what about the peoples' rights !!

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again...

Scottish independence: Nicola Sturgeon to seek second referendum - BBC News

Looks like Nicola Sturgeon wants to check up again, just in case the Scots have changed their mind regarding breaking away from the U.K.. In some ways fair play because of Brexit and how it could change things but just imagine if everyone got out of bed in the morning and said "I declare my apartment in Ludlow independent of the UK with it's own laws, money and tax policies, lets have a referendum in my home about it.", ok an apartment in Ludlow doesn't have any existing laws and independent economy but what the heck .. what about the peoples' rights !!
    Can you imagine if Leave win by 1% and the UK says, "that's too close".

And then an English person living in Australia takes high court action to block the outcome.

And everyone tells the Scots they didn't know what they were voting for.

I wonder if Sturgeon will agree with them or just point out that Leave won and that the result should be respected?

Comment

I hope she makes it a 60/40 vote in favour of independence.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If Scots exited and UK left EU at the same time what do you think , would that be -10% or +10% GDP in a year?

Comment

I supported Scottish independence the first time around for the same reason I backed Brexit

go ahead Scotland be independent

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            Can you imagine if Leave win by 1% and the UK says, "that's too close".

And then an English person living in Australia takes high court action to block the outcome.

And everyone tells the Scots they didn't know what they were voting for.

I wonder if Sturgeon will agree with them or just point out that Leave won and that the result should be respected?

With a little bit of luck these famous patriotic Scots will support leave.

Sur Shawwwwn Connnery - always willing to opine on a free Scotland not quite so keen to pay for it.

Scots tax exiles cheating country in Monaco millionaires' playground - Daily Record
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Entirely reasonable to have another vote given the way things have changed but I don't think it's going to get the result she might want. The timing puts it right around the time our Brexit negotiations should be winding up which is probably sensible as the Scots will have some actual idea what remaining in the UK will mean.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Entirely reasonable to have another vote given the way things have changed but I don't think it's going to get the result she might want. The timing puts it right around the time our Brexit negotiations should be winding up which is probably sensible as the Scots will have some actual idea what remaining in the UK will mean.
                We'll see. Neverenddum 1 started with 32% support for year and never falling below that. Neverenddum Mk II starts with 43% currently. That's quite a different starting point.

Also we know why the last vote failed. For many people currency was an issue. The pound is going to poo. Sure it'll be around for years to come but it'll also be worth a lot less.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  We'll see. Neverenddum 1 started with 32% support for year and never falling below that. Neverenddum Mk II starts with 43% currently. That's quite a different starting point.

Also we know why the last vote failed. For many people currency was an issue. The pound is going to poo. Sure it'll be around for years to come but it'll also be worth a lot less.
                  Yeah but trying again and again until the result is what we want? Is that OK? If it is then make another brexit referendum. I guess scots signed up for good and the bad when they voted to remain...

Comment

Yes, we are going to create our own currency and watch it devalue 20% on it's first day while all out mortgages stay in pounds.

Fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                    X