• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Turning up to an Interview on a Motorcycle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Interesting point.

Does your co have a stance on it?

Is it better to have your co saying - I am not going to discriminate against people who ride a motorbike (or have tattoos or piercing or a different sexual preference from mine) and therefore I will not deal with other companies who do not share my moral and ethical values.

Or does it depend on how skint you are?
    Maybe the OP possesses all of those attributes.

Would you say that is a disadvantage
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Because an interview is different.

It shouldn't really make a difference if the interviewer is any good but if there is just that outside chance it's going to differentiate you negatively from the competition why do it?
      Yeah I get that hence I haven't used it for an interview, as you say why risk it. Also, to be honest it's a bit of a faff changing and I'd rather not have that just before an interview.

Comment

Do you want to try that again when you are sober?
        Sorry I shall write it in plain english

Do you have any morals or are you going to go for the first person who offers you money regardless of their moral stance?

Comment

Sorry I shall write it in plain english

Do you have any morals or are you going to go for the first person who offers you money regardless of their moral stance?
          Sounds good to me. When can you start?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

...And as you will probably be cleverer than him...
            That's not a given. She reposted thinking this thread had been deleted, rather than moved.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              That's not a given. She reposted thinking this thread had been deleted, rather than moved.
              It's a she?

Comment

It's a she?
                NATs not that fussy
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                  It's interesting, I ride an R1 (the iconic 1999 one obviously) with 'flashy' Arai helmet (not custom so must get a grip) and full leathers (when the weather is nice, otherwise all season clothing) and when I pitch up on it on a work day, no one bats an eye lid, quite the opposite there is a fair bit of interest, so I don't see why it should be different for an interview.

When you show up in it post interview you have been accepted. You are stating here that it draws attention, albeit of a good kind.

At interview I want to remove as many barriers to entry as possible and the biker image may be one if these. I don't want to draw attention to anything but my skills, business acumen and personality.

I am a die hard biker, member of an affiliate MC & have some serious tattoos. You wouldn't notice in a tailored suit.

Any way, I didn't say not to go to the interview by bike, just said to shower before the interview. If you are riding that beautiful R1 of yours properly, you will be working up a sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

Any way, I didn't say not to go to the interview by bike, just said to shower before the interview. If you are riding that beautiful R1 of yours properly, you will be working up a sweat.
                    Looking at the size of the chicken strips on that back tyre and pristine sliders I think he will be fine

Comment

Biked it in & one of the interviewers himself was a biker so had a bit of an ice breaker talking about the hazards of the A4174.

Got the whiteboard ambush though. Not surprising really for a role with an element of analysis and design.

Was in for 2 hours so hope that's a good sign. Rate is derisory but there's sod all else out there so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                      X