• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We expect those with no legal right to remain in the country to leave.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Oh GB9... I addressed your point precisely, explaining why your brainfart had no relevance. MrMarkyMark saw that, and he's hardly a fan of mine. But, as ever, you're so utterly lacking in even the most basic of analytic skill, you're just too dumb to see it. Never mind poppet - don't trouble your head with it any further.

I don't really have much sympathy for this story after having read the account that was in the Sunday Times.

Married 1990 in the UK, granted ILR
    Both moved to Singapore to live and work, ILR lapsed
    He returned in 1998, but she stayed until 1999 - ostensibly to be there for her mother during her final days.
    She had ILR applications rejected numerous times.
    She (legally) returned to Britain in 2013, and applied for ILR a few more times within the country.
    She's now been deported.

What's still missing is why multiple applications for ILR have been rejected. There are rules covering rejections - I wonder what she has or hasn't done that results in the decision to reject?
    No, you answered feck all as usual. You waffled but not only did you miss the point the first time around, you are too thick to address it even the second time around after I had pointed out your first error. Fail.

Edit: I have just re-read your post I replied to and the one previous to that. You didn't just miss, you weren't even on the pitch. So far wide you hit the touchline. I hope you don't do anything analysis related for a living.
    Last edited by GB9; 27 February 2017, 20:58. Reason: Point out just how far off target NAT was

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      No, you answered feck all as usual. You waffled but not only did you miss the point the first time around, you are too thick to address it even the second time around after I had pointed out your first error. Fail.

Edit: I have just re-read your post I replied to and the one previous to that. You didn't just miss, you weren't even on the pitch. So far wide you hit the touchline. I hope you don't do anything analysis related for a living.
      You keep digging and therefore confirm to everyone just how very stupid you are.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's quite worrying to think that some software system affecting my life - perhaps even my safety - could be the responsibility of GB9. If he can't understand simple explanations here, MSDN or equivalent must be an utter mystery to him.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          It's quite worrying to think that some software system affecting my life - perhaps even my safety - could be the responsibility of GB9. If he can't understand simple explanations here, MSDN or equivalent must be an utter mystery to him.
          It's quite astonishing isn't it? Wonder what he does for a living? Or is he just one of those jobless arrested development adults living with his mum?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

What's still missing is why multiple applications for ILR have been rejected. There are rules covering rejections - I wonder what she has or hasn't done that results in the decision to reject?
            That's a general problem with just about any issue, we never really know the full details behind anything, just what the papers have decided to publish. Maybe those that rejected her were right for reasons we don't know about. On the other hand, if we all just say "leave it to the experts, they know best" there will be no scrutiny of anything, governments can do whatever they like.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

As far as I can see she was granted ILR first time under more lenient rules she let that lapse because of a family emergency and then was unable to satisfy the more stringent requirements for ILR so was deported.

On a personal level its quite sad but as mentioned rules are rules and she was lawfully deported.

There was a massive increase in immigration in the last couple of decades, that has been unpopular with the electorate so the government tightened up.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                My sentiments exactly. How many foreign criminals are languishing in our jails at the expense of the tax payer?

Making examples of easy targets are the actions of a...
                We should perhaps deport our own criminals as well, instead of putting them in jail? There is this group of islands of ours called the Falklands where I understand there is still a decent amount of space suitable for this.

It is not like we don't have any past experience of facilitating this.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  As far as I can see she was granted ILR first time under more lenient rules she let that lapse because of a family emergency and then was unable to satisfy the more stringent requirements for ILR so was deported.

On a personal level its quite sad but as mentioned rules are rules and she was lawfully deported.

There was a massive increase in immigration in the last couple of decades, that has been unpopular with the electorate so the government tightened up.
                  You can not only do brexit, you can also exit the earth, then the solar system, then the galaxy, and you can set a colony on some space rock and you will still have the same standard imposed on you by your rulers but in this case you will also have to work with alien form immigrants who have the special power to annoy.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    You keep digging and therefore confirm to everyone just how very stupid you are.
                    I may be thicker than fourteen short planks but i'll always be more intelligent than you.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Just for clarity, she was granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (not Enter) in 1990 and left the country with her husband in 1992. They both stayed in Singapore until 1998, at which the husband returned and she remained until 1999 so the ILR lapsed well before the family emergency.

If I recall correctly in 1999 it was still possible to apply for FLR (Further Leave to Remain) very cheaply and then progress to ILR after 2 years and on to Citizenship, which bestows the same rights of entry as a British National. The FLR would have been granted as you only have to prove a genuine sustainable relationship, which people often got based on 3-4 holiday visits over 12 months and evidence of regular contact such as phone bills, emails etc. Living together in Singapore for 6 years and having 2 kids would make it a nailed on certainty.

The rules are now much tighter with language tests before entry, Life in the UK test (or progression on a language course with an element of citizenship training) , and vastly increased fees plus a requirement for an income of just over £18,000. If the kids hadn't grown up she'd have probably got in based on them needing her support, similarly she would possibly have got in based on her husbands disabilities if they hadn't been apart for so long. There's a possibility that if he moves abroad for a year and is cared for by her he could move back to the UK and bring her with him on the grounds that she needs to care for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X