• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We expect those with no legal right to remain in the country to leave.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No it is not.

Though most immigrants don't want to live in Scotland, Wales or parts of Northern England.
    In which case, why are Brexiteers not clamouring to clamp down on in-migration into London and SE England from other parts of the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      The Welsh were Celtic...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        His earnings?

Partners of British nationals have no recourse to public funds so if he's not earning enough, doesn't have enough savings or his pensions are too low then she can't stay.
        I see (and thanks to Stek for the detailed explanation). Tough, but them's the rules.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I see (and thanks to Stek for the detailed explanation). Tough, but them's the rules.
          Been through it! My partner is Russian and we've done the visa thing (not wishing to marry for visa) and it took ages that way - but I got to learn a lot, so much so I'm still active on all the UK immigration boards.

Despite what people think things are a lot more onerous and tougher now - not to say expensive, Brexit will make no difference to that except possibly make it easier for asylum seekers since we'd no longer subscribe to the Dublin agreement.

Comment

Tough, but them's the rules.
            Indeed. People wail about how genuine people like this get turned down but we can't keep the criminals out and they get appeals etc. Problem is if you are in the 'public eye' and people know where you are and so on it's just a matter of applying the rules. If you don't have any documentation, lie about where you are from and your age it's nigh on impossible to apply the rules. It's not different for people, just much harder in certain circumstances.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              In which case, why are Brexiteers not clamouring to clamp down on in-migration into London and SE England from other parts of the UK?
              Some idiots DO want to make the Greater London area a separate country.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Old news. They've been wanting to do this to parts of Bradford for decades!!!
                Last edited by northernladuk; 27 February 2017, 14:58.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There was that recent stuff in the news media about it in the UK due to a court case. For example if you don't earn enough you can rely on savings however you need to just have under 70K in a current account. In addition you need to live in a one bedroom flat as a minimum.

The reason why the fees are so high is because it is privatised - apparently now you can't talk to the company that processes the applications unless you give them your credit or debit card number first then they charge you for making your enquire on the phone.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    So we can have immigrants and you guys can feck off.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      Despite what people think things are a lot more onerous and tougher now - not to say expensive, Brexit will make no difference to that except possibly make it easier for asylum seekers since we'd no longer subscribe to the Dublin agreement.
                      The law of unintended consequences strikes again.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X