• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We expect those with no legal right to remain in the country to leave.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Some visionaries DO want to make the Greater London area a testbed for weapons of mass destruction.
    ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      There was that recent stuff in the news media about it in the UK due to a court case. For example if you don't earn enough you can rely on savings however you need to just have under 70K in a current account. In addition you need to live in a one bedroom flat as a minimum.

The reason why the fees are so high is because it is privatised - apparently now you can't talk to the company that processes the applications unless you give them your credit or debit card number first then they charge you for making your enquire on the phone.
      The saving level is £62,500, held and freely convertible for last six months, not loaned, can be held by either party and/or from multiple sources, can be from house sale and if so not subject to six month held rule.

Property has to be suitable - no overcrowding (if kids etc)

AFAIK UKVI (i.e. Home Office) still do the visa processing for settlement visas etc, private companies do visit visas - dealt with them for MIL's visit visa. Visa fees are high purely because of demand and are (supposedly) cost-neutral to the treasury, and due to the sheer number of Tribunals and Appeals that go on nowadays, there's Administrative Reviews, Judicial Reviews, FTT's, Upper Tribunal, list is now endless. Folks go all through these to drag applications on until they reach 10 years legal stay. Any application no matter how frivolous carries section 3c rules, i.e. previous valid visa carries on.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        The country is full.
        Don't worry, I'll be leaving so it will become slightly less of a squeeze. I am paying 50K+ in taxes per year for the privilege of being called all sorts of names and having my future ****ed with just because I was born on the "wrong" side of Europe. Once the car lease is up, I'm gone. It will be all yours.
        You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

You earn £100k+ and you can't afford your own car?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            You earn £100k+ and you can't afford your own car?
            I can afford a car. Leasing is my choice.
            You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
              I am paying 50K+ in taxes per year .
              Feck me you're poor. Where did it all go wrong?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I suppose he might be avoiding most of his tax.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  She knew the rules.

She broke the rules

She now lives with that consequence.

I am struggling to see this as news?
                  You behave like a dick. Other countries reciprocate. It escalates over time. There is a major disaster event every 70 - 80 years in result. Your collective petty greed and lack of life confidence comes back to bite everyone in the ass. No offense though.

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
                    You behave like a dick. Other countries reciprocate. It escalates over time. There is a major disaster event every 70 - 80 years in result. Your collective petty greed and lack of life confidence comes back to bite everyone in the ass. No offense though.
                    Non taken, you festering pile of rancid dingoes kidneys.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Non taken, you festering pile of rancid dingoes kidneys.
                      Oh Dear

Comment

Working...
                      X