• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan for Life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you make him into a double ?

Originally posted by Chico
    God is Spirit so not a he or she just the limitations of our human languages.

Comment

How would God communicate his will to us?

Through me! FFS! Have you not be listening at church?

Comment

Well if waited 2,000 fcuking years he would've had the internet

Comment

He communicate with me when I have bowel movements.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Chico might need to read a little more about MT, she wasn't all good and saintly.

BTW I do believe in God, but it is a very personal thing and ego, hatred etc comes when we judge and Chico you might want to think about that one to.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
              BTW I do believe in God, but it is a very personal thing and ego, hatred etc comes when we judge and Chico you might want to think about that one to.
              Chico doesn't think, but apart from that, your sentence makes for good reading although not implementable (a bit like Siebel).
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                Chico might need to read a little more about MT, she wasn't all good and saintly.

I think Lucy has hit the nail on the head here. There was an excellent interview with Sister Wendy Beckett (a nun who presented a very good arts programme) in the Saturday before last's Independent.

She has spent over 50 years in quiet contemplation of God and two things she said struck me greatly. She said (highly paraphrased), "I believe that we will all go to heaven, even the most vile and debased person, regardless of whether we have come to God through Jesus or not. I cannot believe that God, who is all loving, would deny entry to heaven to anyone."

The other thought was, "I think a great many of the most vociferous christians and evangelists have lost sight of what the message of Jesus was. For them the message is crowded out and obscured by pride and paraphernalia. I think they will be very surprised when they get to heaven."

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                  The other thought was, "I think a great many of the most vociferous christians and evangelists have lost sight of what the message of Jesus was. For them the message is crowded out and obscured by pride and paraphernalia. I think they will be very surprised when they get to heaven."
                  Well that's the kind of person who has not progressed from the egoism of basic infantilism. It's the "I must be better than you" scenario because I have something you don't. How it must gall Chico to know that we're all going to end up the same
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                    I think Lucy has hit the nail on the head here. There was an excellent interview with Sister Wendy Beckett (a nun who presented a very good arts programme) in the Saturday before last's Independent.

She has spent over 50 years in quiet contemplation of God and two things she said struck me greatly. She said (highly paraphrased), "I believe that we will all go to heaven, even the most vile and debased person, regardless of whether we have come to God through Jesus or not. I cannot believe that God, who is all loving, would deny entry to heaven to anyone."

I'd agree with that. You look at the evangelical Christians in the US and some of the positions they take are as far removed from Jesus's message as it's possible to imagine.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I have no wish to hoist you by your own petard dear boy but haven't you just made organised religion completely redundant? I am sure the world would be a far more peaceful place if we could talk to the organ grinder rather than the monkeys

Comment

Working...
                      X