• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan for Life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chico
    I actually agree with you. Suffering was never part of God's plan for man and it still is not. Genesis 1 and 2 tell us of a perfect creation. Genesis 3 tells us perfect man expressing his free will deciding to say to God thanks but no thanks. Well if we ask God to move out of our lives how then can weblame him when it all goes wrong. Sin always causes someone to suffer, Adam and Eve's sin has brought spritual death, decay, pain, evil, suffering and eventually phyiscal death for us all. That was never God's perfect will for us. He allowed it because anything else who would have meant we did not have free will in the first place.
    There is an unfortunate caveat with that free will clause though isn't there Chico - You have the free will to worship me or not as you choose but if you don't you will be damned to hell for all eternity. If your God is all loving why the need for the threat?

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
      There is an unfortunate caveat with that free will clause though isn't there Chico - You have the free will to worship me or not as you choose but if you don't you will be damned to hell for all eternity. If your God is all loving why the need for the threat?
      No caveat at all - obedience brings blessings, disobedience brings curses. That is just and perfect and logical. What is free will without there being consequences for each choice we take. Loving parents give their children choices - why because the parents know what is best for their children.
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Chico,

If I have a daughter and she is diagnosed with cancer, will god save her and let her live ?

Comment

Originally posted by Logie
          Chico,

If I have a daughter and she is diagnosed with cancer, will god save her and let her live ?
          Have you asked him? Do you believe in him? Have you obeyed his commandments?
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Have you asked him? Do you believe in him? Have you obeyed his commandments?
            How do you know God's a he?
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Yes, I've done all those. So has she and everyone else before you ask. So will he save her ?

Comment

He was a he last time I looked, far too ugly to be a bird anyway.

Comment

No caveat at all - obedience brings blessings, disobedience brings curses. That is just and perfect and logical. What is free will without there being consequences for each choice we take. Loving parents give their children choices - why because the parents know what is best for their children.
                  I agree with your analogy with parents but a parent will punish a crime. Living a good life with complete care for your fellow man is not a crime but it would be punished by God if the individual did not acknowledge His existance. You have never, ever addressed this point without quoting scripture which leads me to think that your 'free will' has been stifled by the extreme religion that you follow. I would also ask you to question a 'religion' that preaches intolerance and hatred of 'unbelievers' - religion is man's interpretation of God's will which, to me, demonstrates the arrogance of man and a lack of understanding of the will of God

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
                    How do you know God's a he?
                    God is Spirit so not a he or she just the limitations of our human languages.
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                      I agree with your analogy with parents but a parent will punish a crime. Living a good life with complete care for your fellow man is not a crime but it would be punished by God if the individual did not acknowledge His existance. You have never, ever addressed this point without quoting scripture which leads me to think that your 'free will' has been stifled by the extreme religion that you follow. I would also ask you to question a 'religion' that preaches intolerance and hatred of 'unbelievers' - religion is man's interpretation of God's will which, to me, demonstrates the arrogance of man and a lack of understanding of the will of God
                      How would God communicate his will to us?
                      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                      X