• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foodbank client stories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foodbank client stories

There seems to be a lot of arrogance towards those less fortunate than ourselves on here. Just got the foodbank news letter and I realised these stories might resonate with you

Clients’ Stories:
    Referred by Shelter, 47 year old John says “ I had worked for two weeks without being paid by my agency. This and not being paid for the previous contract has led me to this crisis” “Without the Foodbank I simply would not have anything to eat.”
    Gareth, 32 was referred by a Health Visitor when his family of 5 were struggling. He says “I lost my job through my partner being in hospital weeks before the birth of my son. The foodbank has helped tremen-dously as we would not be able to feed the children without their help.”

Both were working and both starving.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

A life a million miles away from my life here in Fünfseenland.

Not how you'd imagine 21st century Britain to be.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      A life a million miles away from my life here in Fünfseenland.
      I think you've missed the point there.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        There seems to be a lot of arrogance towards those less fortunate than ourselves on here. Just got the foodbank news letter and I realised these stories might resonate with you

Both were working and both starving.
        ok I know it's harsh but 5 kids. Unless you are making some serious money I have no idea how people afford holidays, cars and 5 kids. Perhaps they could have stopped at 4 and his misses get a job.

Comment

The obvious question from the first story is why wasn't he paid by his agency? Perhaps rather than just pointing him at a food bank the charity should be trying to help him get his pay.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            ok I know it's harsh but 5 kids. Unless you are making some serious money I have no idea how people afford holidays, cars and 5 kids. Perhaps they could have stopped at 4 and his misses get a job.
            Stop judging.

People can have secure jobs have kids be managing fine, then lose their secure job.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              The obvious question from the first story is why wasn't he paid by his agency? Perhaps rather than just pointing him at a food bank the charity should be trying to help him get his pay.

The agency probably did something like this linky
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

not everyone is allowed to use contraception. Sky Fairies again.

Religion, contraception and abortion factsheet - Factsheets - FPA

Comment

Family of 5 != 5 kids...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Family of 5 != 5 kids...
                    well spotted

Comment

Working...
                    X