• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Does the EU Get Such a Bad Rap?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Exactly How Scotland feels in the UK. And yet Scotland was told yesterday it does not have an equal say.

Double standard supreme with cream on it and some hundreds of thousands for the finish.
    Well Scotland was a founding member of the UK. It's your own fault if you keep voting for crap politicians who can't look after your interests properly. Besides, yesterdays judgement was a legal one, not a political one. You should have popped a clause into the devolution bill, but the Great Salmon was probably too busy celebrating "getting one over on the bastard English" to notice at the time.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Well Scotland was a founding member of the UK. It's your own fault if you keep voting for crap politicians who can't look after your interests properly. Besides, yesterdays judgement was a legal one, not a political one. You should have popped a clause into the devolution bill, but the Great Salmon was probably too busy celebrating "getting one over on the bastard English" to notice at the time.
      So it's screw the little guy?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Blame the British media then.
        True, but inevitably the media is drawn to what's sexy, and most of what happens in Brussels is probably quite tedious. Which is why we only ever hear about straight-banana nonsense. I more meant as part of the referendum process the government could have encouraged/made/funded the broadcasters to do a better job of explaining the EU to the population, rather than funding political campaigns and letting them say what they want without recourse. But then it was always problematic as the government was part of one of the campaigns. All part of the reason the referendum was a dumb idea.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          True, but inevitably the media is drawn to what's sexy, and most of what happens in Brussels is probably quite tedious. Which is why we only ever hear about straight-banana nonsense. I more meant as part of the referendum process the government could have encouraged/made/funded the broadcasters to do a better job of explaining the EU to the population, rather than funding political campaigns and letting them say what they want without recourse. But then it was always problematic as the government was part of one of the campaigns. All part of the reason the referendum was a dumb idea.
          Oh I don't know the British newspapers seem to know about wine lakes, butter mountains, planning scandals, corruption, receipt free expenses and interesting illegal stuff about each leader.

Maybe there is something more interesting, we don't believe the EU has stopped war.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lets get this straight. The Scottish have their own laws and process for creating and ratifying them with regards to Housing (as requested by them). And they vote on it. The English and the Welsh have no right to Vote there.

The English and the Welsh have their own laws and process for creating and ratifying them with regards to Housing. And they vote on it. The Scottish have no right to Vote there (as requested by us).

Who's doin' the screwin' then?

Comment

No, you screwed yourselves on that one. Best of luck as an independent country though, I genuinely hope you do as well as we intend to.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                So 30 million votes, how many of the 17.5 million who voted to leave where proles? How many proles voted against leaving?
                Dunno. Does it matter? I feel you are trying to make some point.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  cheer up were he a remainer he would ignore any points made.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    cheer up were he a remainer he would ignore any points made.
                    He was trying to turn a comment about the EU in general and workings of the UK government into another interminable Brexit discussion. I think. Or objecting to the use of the word "prole" to describe the noble workings of our glorious nation.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      No, you tried to make a point in your statement. I'm questioning it and the stats you provided. But I'm going to give up now as you clearly have.

Comment

Working...
                      X