• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roundabouts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smartie View Post
    That's one way to stop the traffic but it's a bit chilly this time of year ;-)
    I meant lose a bit of my furniture :-)

At least I've unhitched my trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      I meant lose a bit of my furniture :-)

At least I've unhitched my trailer.

Is that what you call your meat and two veg, Malcolm
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Don't those things come with thousand watt music systems, or was that a custom mod a cousin of mine did to his?

If it has a decent music system just have a cop car/ambulance siren recording on your mp3 and play it when approaching roundabouts. All the other traffic will stop or be paying a lot more attention looking for the blue lights, giving you chance to make progress.

Alternatively leave the sofa at home and get something more suitable for town traffic.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Don't those things come with thousand watt music systems, or was that a custom mod a cousin of mine did to his?

If it has a decent music system just have a cop car/ambulance siren recording on your mp3 and play it when approaching roundabouts. All the other traffic will stop or be paying a lot more attention looking for the blue lights, giving you chance to make progress.

Alternatively leave the sofa at home and get something more suitable for town traffic.
          The bike is Y reg. That's Y the first time around, 1983 in other words.

It has a factory fitted hifi system in keeping with the era; radio and cassette player in other words (with a very nice pair of Wharfedales set into the fairing)

I've looked into swapping it out with something more up to date but it's hard to do if I want to retain handlebar controls, intercom, and CB functions.

Consequently I'm probably one of the few people left who retains an extensive audio cassette collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            The bike is Y reg. That's Y the first time around, 1983 in other words.

It has a factory fitted hifi system in keeping with the era; radio and cassette player in other words (with a very nice pair of Wharfedales set into the fairing)

I've looked into swapping it out with something more up to date but it's hard to do if I want to retain handlebar controls, intercom, and CB functions.

Consequently I'm probably one of the few people left who retains an extensive audio cassette collection.
            You should be able to add an Aux or just use a tape adapter should cost you £1 on eBay.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

just use a tape adapter should cost you £1 on eBay.
              Don't buy the cheap rubbish. The only one that works well is the Sony one.

Comment

Working...
              X