• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish independence referendum Mk 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've no idea.
    Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Only those with sense take her seriously.
      Sorry scooter old D000gy gets top quote.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
        Scooterscot, what are your views on independence?

You seem to be anti-independence, but then pro-independence, depending on which thread you read.

Scotland has a lot more trade with the rest of the UK than it does with the EU. Why would it want to give up its largest trading partner?

The SNP only want to be EU members so they can continue to have a reason to exist, i.e. to then gain independence from the EU.

The SNP's stance in the last referendum was a lot more 'we want to have our cake and eat it' than Theresa May, and the business case was based on the price of oil which simply isn't there any more. I mean FFS, the SNP still wanted to keep the pound.
        I voted SNP, I voted for independence. I'd vote for both again.

SNP for whatever their faults have done much more for those living in Scotland (I visit family frequently throughout from the highlands to the big smokes) than decades of Labour. Labour sold Scotland out time and time again, still people voted for them. That'll not happen again for decades I hope. Despite what the media would have you believe I'm always impressed when I return to see the local changes on a social level. It is how a small country should be acting.

I voted for independence because Scotland is a small country and should operate like a small country. I love small countries, have lived in a few over the years.

Most of the trade Scotland has with the rUK is through public services, which need culling to a level. I'm actually supporting a couple of manufacturing projects in Fife from my humble abode here in Bavaria.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I voted SNP, I voted for independence. I'd vote for both again.

SNP for whatever their faults have done much more for those living in Scotland (I visit family frequently throughout from the highlands to the big smokes) than decades of Labour. Labour sold Scotland out time and time again, still people voted for them. That'll not happen again for decades I hope. Despite what the media would have you believe I'm always impressed when I return to see the local changes on a social level. It is how a small country should be acting.

I voted for independence because Scotland is a small country and should operate like a small country. I love small countries, have lived in a few over the years.

Most of the trade Scotland has with the rUK is through public services, which need culling to a level. I'm actually supporting a couple of manufacturing projects in Fife from my humble abode here in Bavaria.
          You voted for independence with your feet a long time ago. You're independent from Scotland you buffoon.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            You voted for independence with your feet a long time ago. You're independent from Scotland you buffoon.
            Resort to insults if you like, I'm immune.

The idea that is Scotland resides with me strongly, shall never go away. Perhaps you think it will because I choose to live somewhere else

Perhaps I should change my name to ScooterDeutsche
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Resort to insults if you like, I'm immune.

The idea that is Scotland resides with me strongly, shall never go away. Perhaps you think it will because I choose to live somewhere else

Perhaps I should change my name to ScooterDeutsche
              Oh I understand - you can't live in a stable and claim to be a horse if you weren't born a horse. But you chose to leave your country and not (other than by leaving) contribute anything to its wellbeing.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Agreed.
                Person who can't think of comeback after having their arguments demolished says what?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Oh I understand - you can't live in a stable and claim to be a horse if you weren't born a horse. But you chose to leave your country and not (other than by leaving) contribute anything to its wellbeing.
                  You're living in the past. 'Country' this 'Country' that. The planet is much smaller today. Shiver.

I employ one person back in Scotland with more than a minimum salary. How many do you employ?

Comment

You're living in the past. 'Country' this 'Country' that. The planet is much smaller today. Shiver.

I employ one person back in Scotland with more than a minimum salary. How many do you employ?
                    None in Scotland. Don't need to. But if country this and country that are an issue, why are you now trying to make a point of it?

Comment

Nationhood may be an archaic and outdated approach but it's still what everyone is using. Attempts to break down borders like the EU are not proving a runaway success after the initial euphoria.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X