• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish independence referendum Mk 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Well the Tories used tax money from Scottish tax payers to pay for a campaign no one in Scotland voted for.

Sorry you were saying something about saving?
    UK Gov used £9mil of public money on the Remain toilet paper.

Get over it.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      UK Gov used £9mil of public money on the Remain toilet paper.

Get over it.
      And the Leave campaign used tax avoiders (or should I say, offshore finances) money
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Well the Tories used tax money from Scottish tax payers......blah blah blah
        Oh great, here comes scooter to bore us rigid with the latest gossip from SNP La La Land!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          And the Leave campaign used tax avoiders (or should I say, offshore finances) money
          The Grauniad funded Vote Leave?

Comment

Well the Tories used tax money from Scottish tax payers to pay for a campaign no one in Scotland voted for.

Sorry you were saying something about saving?
            yes I suppose you did pay a little bit towards the last Scottish Independence vote, I was hoping the SNP would fund the next one to save England paying for most of it again.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The Scottish parliament has no power to hold a legally-binding referendum.

If the UK PM wishes she could simply say "No".

Or "Not until we complete the BREXIT separation".

Comment

Scooterscot, what are your views on independence?

You seem to be anti-independence, but then pro-independence, depending on which thread you read.

Scotland has a lot more trade with the rest of the UK than it does with the EU. Why would it want to give up its largest trading partner?

The SNP only want to be EU members so they can continue to have a reason to exist, i.e. to then gain independence from the EU.

The SNP's stance in the last referendum was a lot more 'we want to have our cake and eat it' than Theresa May, and the business case was based on the price of oil which simply isn't there any more. I mean FFS, the SNP still wanted to keep the pound.
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                  You seem to be anti-independence

Comment

Technically if Scotland leaves the UK before Britain leaves the EU then who is leaving the EU? No one.

Check mate.
                    Fandabidozy!!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      From snp.org, right?

Nicola has blown her wad, I'm afraid. South of the border, no one takes her seriously any more...
                      Only those with sense take her seriously. There absolutely will be another referendum the way things are going and after the result of the last one and recent events, only a fool would be blase about the result. She made it clear immediately after the referendum result another indyref was on the table if Scotland's interests weren't taken into consideration and once again, the government has totally ignored what scotland wants... so where you get the idea she's flip-flopping or not serious I've no idea.

Indyref feels like the last major political event that went the way it was 'supposed to'... and even that was touch and go for a bit.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X