• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hypocritical virtue signalling celebrities

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Isn't 50k low for a contractor? If I'd been contracting successfully for 15 years 10-20k would be significant but wouldn't really affect me. That's one year's ISA nothing more

Anyway my point was: good on him.

FFS, stop blabbing about it on here and go and give 20K away then.

Then you would have a charity tail to tell too
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Isn't 50k low for a contractor? If I'd been contracting successfully for 15 years 10-20k would be significant but wouldn't really affect me. That's one year's ISA nothing more

Anyway my point was: good on him.
      I said average. I've been working 20 years but only went contracting in 2009.

You've got extra cash to your contracting income so don't get all preachy on us.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I assume Rio / his business can get some tax rebate for his charitable contribution ?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          FFS, stop blabbing about it on here and go and give 20K away then.

Then you would have a charity tail to tell too
          Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          I said average. I've been working 20 years but only went contracting in 2009.

You've got extra cash to your contracting income so don't get all preachy on us.
          I am NOT saying you lot should be giving 20k. Or that I should. I am praising Rio and countering the typical "he's rich it's no big deal" argument by saying it still IS a big deal. After DA's attack on Lily's Calais visit it's nice to see someone give a ton of money themself as well as promote causes.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I am NOT saying you lot should be giving 20k. Or that I should. I am praising Rio and countering the typical "he's rich it's no big deal" argument by saying it still IS a big deal. After DA's attack on Lily's Calais visit it's nice to see someone give a ton of money themself as well as promote causes.
            Yes, but trying to draw some parallel with us and a footballer makes no sense.

I do agree it is a generous and well directed gesture though, in any case.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I was going to Like until I hit the Lily bit. She is a self obsessed celebrity who insulted the country trying to blame us for a tragedy we didn't cause. It was typical Bob Gerroff / Bonio - give us your FFFin money - forget I'm a millionaire tax exile.

This other chap is grossly overpaid for kicking a ball around but made a nice honest gesture good on him.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                I was going to Like until I hit the Lily bit. She is a self obsessed celebrity who insulted the country trying to blame us for a tragedy we didn't cause. It was typical Bob Gerroff / Bonio - give us your FFFin money - forget I'm a millionaire tax exile.

This other chap is grossly overpaid for kicking a ball around but made a nice honest gesture good on him.
                Not easy been famous and stupidly rich, yer know
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  She is a self obsessed celebrity who insulted the country trying to blame us for a tragedy we didn't cause.
                  I don't think she said we caused it or blamed us for it? She blamed us for our response (or lack thereof) to it. Who cares what she thinks... apparently lots of people here do though.

Oh the irony of a contractor calling someone "grossly overpaid". We of all people should understand that nobody is worth anything other than what someone is prepared to pay them.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Not easy been famous and stupidly rich, yer know
                  You jest but if you look at so many rich famous peoples' lives, I think there's a lot of truth there.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Isn't 50k low for a contractor?
                    Depends what line you're in. I'm betting you're not in the engineering sector.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

According to the Express anyway, Geldorf actually said something sensible this week.

Bob Geldof's Brexit backtrack: Singer admits European Union doesn't work | UK | News | Daily Express

Just shows that the biggest plonkers have some reasonable views (AKA views that agree with mine) at times.

PS With perhaps one exception, Ken Clarke. If that arrogant *** ever says anything decent the world will end.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X