• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send them to live next door to remainers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    wow miss the point completely. You take a financial based comment and try to turn it into some sort of racist absurdity, well done.
    Nowhere did I mention anything to do with race or racism.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    On that basis the country would be in a much better state if we got rid of 80% of the population. Except then the 20% might suddenly find out how much their income depended on everyone else.

Brexit will happen. Immigration will continue. People will complain about it for the same reasons. In a way it's a shame that all the energy, effort, focus and money that's gone into Brexit hadn't been targeted at something that might actually solve some of the problems. Not that I'd claim to know what that is.
    wow miss the point completely. You take a financial based comment and try to turn it into some sort of racist absurdity, well done.

The point I was making is that workers have to earn £40k to be financial contributors, importing millions of cheap workers is effectively going to dilute that to the point the minority subsidising the rest no longer can.
    Now we need care assistants & traffic wardens but if we have too many on low wages services will not be funded.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    On that basis the country would be in a much better state if we got rid of 80% of the population. Except then the 20% might suddenly find out how much their income depended on everyone else.

Brexit will happen. Immigration will continue. People will complain about it for the same reasons. In a way it's a shame that all the energy, effort, focus and money that's gone into Brexit hadn't been targeted at something that might actually solve some of the problems. Not that I'd claim to know what that is.
    House building and social care? People will still complain but least they will have somewhere to live and old/ill people will be taken care off.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    We don't need a larger population, we haven't invested in services, to be an economic benefit you need to be in the fourth quintile not barely paying tax.

Are you a contributor to, or a burden on, the nation's finances? - 'Squeezed middle' increasingly dependent on the state | This is Money

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
    Roma (or Romani People) do not necessarily have to come from Eastern Europe. Those in Sheffield might hold Eastern European passports or ID cards, but as an ethnic group they originate from India. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people
    Originally we all came from Africa. Muppet.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
    Roma (or Romani People) do not necessarily have to come from Eastern Europe. Those in Sheffield might hold Eastern European passports or ID cards, but as an ethnic group they originate from India. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people
    That's a stupid point and by making it you fall into the racists trap.

Oh and I'm currently watching part 2 of Muslims Like Us.

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    While Roma are from Eastern Europe people from there make the distinction that they are not "normal" people.

My Polish and Serbian neighbours are lovely just like my brother's Hungarian ones.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by cvinbin View Post
    pleased i voted brexit
    Take it to the Brexit thread.

Leave a comment:

• cvinbin
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Very good! Now try using the shift key.
    Ok i will.