• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send them to live next door to remainers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    well the EU NATO dealt really well with the Ukraine.
    FTFY.

The EU could have compromised, the new countries could have supported our bid to change the EU so it didn't represent the EUSSR
    That's because the only people who think that the EU resembles the EUSSR are a small minority of Brexiters. I work with Czechs, Hungarians and Poles. They still hold a deep hatred for Russia and all it does and has represented. If you were to suggest the EU is the USSR reborn to them, you'd be taking your teeth home in your hat. (This is the same hat you're talking through when you spout such ill-informed nonsense ).

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Brexit was about our future not the EUs.
    I do try hard to understand this. if I thought Brexit was good for the country I would have voted for it too.
    But analysing the numbers it's clear that the UK Economy is weak and relies on the EU for much of its raison d'etre as far as the wider business community is concerned.
    I could be wrong, but anyway it won't affect me much.
    I feel sorry for the stupid people who were manipulated.

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    well the EU dealt really well with the Ukraine.

Brexit was about our future not the EUs. The EU could have compromised, the new countries could have supported our bid to change the EU so it didn't represent the EUSSR - you didn't.
    At the cost of ******* up the lives of millions of people (Brits living in the EU and the EU nationals living in the UK). Is that price worth paying?
    Last edited by squarepeg; 14 December 2016, 21:24.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    I didn't say that the Western alies (UK included) had much of a choice back then. But they do had a choice to make things right, after the USSR collapse and the initial one was good - to try and re-integrate Easter Europe by gradually welcoming the countries in the EU. Lately the UK had another choice and it decided to bail out voting for brexit.
    well the EU dealt really well with the Ukraine.

Brexit was about our future not the EUs. The EU could have compromised, the new countries could have supported our bid to change the EU so it didn't represent the EUSSR - you didn't.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    well lets pauper Germany, Russia , Italy , Belgium, Spain & France they have invaded most of the world at some time.

At the end of WWII we were on our knees we made the best deal we could, Russia could have wandered across Europe & taken the lot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unthinkable

I didn't say that the Western alies (UK included) had much of a choice back then. But they do had a choice to make things right, after the USSR collapse and the initial one was good - to try and re-integrate Easter Europe by gradually welcoming the countries in the EU. Lately the UK had another choice and it decided to bail out voting for brexit.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    UK have moral duty, as the state of East Europe a direct result of Western allies handing it over to Stalin at the end of WWII in bulk, regardless of alliances and allegiances prior to the war. You reap what you sow.
    well lets pauper Germany, Russia , Italy , Belgium, Spain & France they have invaded most of the world at some time.

At the end of WWII we were on our knees we made the best deal we could, Russia could have wandered across Europe & taken the lot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unthinkable

Allied army positions in central Europe on 10 May 1945. The Soviet numerical superiority in relation to the Western Allies was roughly 4:1 in men and 2:1 in tanks at the end of hostilities in Europe.[1]

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Whether high crime is a reality or not, that Guardian article does say they have significant problem with health, education and joblessness. So probably not an asset in general TBH. Plus blaming the axing of the government's axing of the migration impacts fund.

Why on Earth should we have to fund such things? We do not have a duty to foreign nationals. We don't expect other countries to take our low performers. No migrant who is not a significant asset should be here.
    UK have moral duty, as the state of East Europe a direct result of Western allies handing it over to Stalin at the end of WWII in bulk, regardless of alliances and allegiances prior to the war. You reap what you sow.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I hope you realise that the majority of the "newcomers" from Romania and Bulgaria after January 2014, when the final restriction on working in UK was lifted, have been in the UK for a while, either working illegally or not working at all. The only thing that changed is that they entered the official statistics in 2014 and started paying taxes...
    I would never suggest someone from that group might be involved in crime last time I repeated a statement from the Police like that I got an Infraction.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    so you break bread with someone and that is it you have to agree with them? Lets get ISIS round for toast!

he was told to his face few would come, looking at the poverty he believed many would. He was polite to individuals yet he doubted the country.

Romanian and Bulgarian workers top 200,000 for first time, say official figures - Telegraph

who has history proven right?
    I hope you realise that the majority of the "newcomers" from Romania and Bulgaria after January 2014, when the final restriction on working in UK was lifted, have been in the UK for a while, either working illegally or not working at all. The only thing that changed is that they entered the official statistics in 2014 and started paying taxes...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Nowhere did I mention anything to do with race or racism.
    Remember your interlocutor is a complete bone-head.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X