• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A statement from Dodgy agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Not why he was banned, afaik, but part of the problem was that he was demanding action be taken, and that such action should comprise of detaining and properly vetting (including criminal record checks) immigrants before they were resettled.

The article he originally posted to start the thread stated that Police had confirmed the individual involved had no previous convictions, and that he had arrived as an unaccompanied minor. As such he must have been through the immigration process, detention and vetting, since he would not have legally been able to claim asylum for himself in the first place.

I simply challenged DA to say what he expected to have been done, since he everything he had said should be done, had been, and was in the article he posted as an example of how the EU was failing to do what it should, in his opinion, be doing.

For the record, I didn't complain about any of his posts. I heartily disagree with what he says, but he has a right to say it.

If the Mods feel he crossed a line then so be it. I'm not about to criticise them for doing a job no-one else really wants, for which they don't get paid and for which they routinely get abused.
    DA had not read the article fully and if you notice after you pointed out to him that the individual had been vetted he went quiet. From what I understand before he had a chance to acknowledge his mistake or challenge the effectiveness of the vetting he was banned. Apparently it is all your fault for proving him wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      If MF wants it you know its bad!

It's like Suity offering to take over your project, your daughter wanting to marry Brillo or NLYUK offering a discount.

Anyway MF can't do it, after the last Panamanian tanker docked NLYUK has bought an evoke & MF is unable to sit down for very long.
      When NLYUK offered her services the other night, I apologised and said that I only had a quid on me. She said, "it's okay, I've got change."
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

tl:dr

DA's a tosser and always will be.

Back again and nothing's changed...
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          tl:dr

DA's a tosser and always will be.

Back again and nothing's changed...
          Dear Clithead I happen to agree with you

Comment

So saying someone should be subjected to checks and supposedly missing some point in an article gets them banned for "indulging a tendency to racism and xenophobia"?

The only thing they can do to prevent this happening is to stop anyone coming in. Within any group of people there are inevitably going to be a very small number of violent criminals. No checking system would work, which is why DA's question "Very sad but why are they letting in people without vetting them?" is particularly moronic, even for him.

Of course, if you start questioning why he might have posted something so monumentally asinine, then you'll get the "huh, anyone questions immigration policy and they get called racist and bigotted" card played.
            If you want monumentally asinine nobody could do better than that comment. Of course checks on somebody from a third world country are unlikely to be very effective but are they adequately interviewed, for example, to check if they have any extremist or criminal tendencies? I have no idea, I do not claim to be an expert and I doubt DA would, although NotAllThere apparently is, he has such a definitive answer that anyone who does not agree with him is a racist/bigot. Quite apart from his attitudes his language is inappropriate and offensive, suggesting people are moronic etc., a moderator should be trying to reduce this sort of abuse not indulging in it.

NotAllThere is totally unsuited to be a moderator on CUK, I strongly suggest that whoever is in charge of this site reconsider his position. Hell, I think you might even be better off with SASGuru.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The liberal hand wringers have taken over CUK.

It's all the fault of the slave trading, colonial Brits, we deserve everything coming to us evidently, I read it in the Guardian.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Haven't been following the ins and outs of the relevant discussion, but am I right in thinking DA was banned just for suggesting that new refugees should be held in detention camps for a period of assessment before a decision would be made whether to admit them with freedom of movement and association?
                No.

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Banned for posting that there's a problem with immigration in Germany?
                Nope. That wasn't it either.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  No.

What was it then?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Even Merkel admits that now.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Good job Merkel doesn't post that rubbish on here !

Comment

Working...
                      X