• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    ....is prepared to go to war with Russia for no good reason that I can see
    fan of rt.com are you?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Total votes for Donald Trump 59,418,103
      Total votes for Hilary Clinton 69,424,897
      Not sure those numbers are correct. The numbers I see are:

Trump : 59,470,228
      Clinton : 59,676,869

So you're about 10 million out on Clinton's count, but still Clinton is actually ahead by about 200,000 on the popular vote. Alas, not all votes in yet, but for all the flaws of our FPTP system, we do seem to end up being governed by the party which received the greatest number of popular votes. The US doesn't seem to be guaranteed that at all.

In 2000, Bush got 47.9% of the popular vote, whilst Gore got 48.4% - there was 500,000 votes between them.
      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Nah it is because when he's asked logical questions about his opinions he refuses to answer them.
        So a politician then?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Play the arguments not the person making them. After all if they are ridiculous someone with such a great intellect as yours should have little difficulty dissing them
          As a recruiter I can't believe you aren't aware of the term "character reference". The character and track record of the person making the argument is absolutely relevant. If I make a statement on how to fix the American economy you should pay it little weight, if the exact same thing came from someone with 30 years experience as a well-respected economist working in the White House then it is worth FAR more.

Are you really that foolish?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            If you like your president to possess the following qualities then yes I agree:

racist
            misogynistic
            compulsive liar
            self-serving
            cowardly (draft dodger)
            bullying (of the disabled no less for e.g)
            xenophobic

The evidence suggest he's a shallow, charmless narcissist. The only ray of hope is that he actually has no real clue on how to deliver on his election promises.
            I hear you.
            I'm living in this very strange twilight zone at the moment. I'm normally an avid consumer of news but I can't even turn the radio on right now because it all feels too surreal. This is the country that rejected Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann but Trump is acceptable. And I kept seeing Ann Coulter every time I ventured towards the TV. No. Just no. This has been an incredibly weird year. I read Trump's autobiography about five years ago and found myself laughing out loud sometimes at his complete lack of self awareness. Now this.
            Last edited by Elliegirl; 9 November 2016, 21:01.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Because he has an opinion different from yours?
              Never said that to DA have you, you leftie hand wringing liberal you...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                As a recruiter I can't believe you aren't aware of the term "character reference". The character and track record of the person making the argument is absolutely relevant. If I make a statement on how to fix the American economy you should pay it little weight, if the exact same thing came from someone with 30 years experience as a well-respected economist working in the White House then it is worth FAR more.

Are you really that foolish?
                An argument is relevant no matter who makes it. Arguments fall down when the facts do not support the argument no matter who makes the argument. One tends to believe supporting facts according to the credibility of the person making the argument for sure but this never invalidates an argument.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  If you like your president to possess the following qualities then yes I agree:

racist
                  misogynistic
                  compulsive liar
                  self-serving
                  cowardly (draft dodger)
                  bullying (of the disabled no less for e.g)
                  xenophobic

The evidence suggest he's a shallow, charmless narcissist. The only ray of hope is that he actually has no real clue on how to deliver on his election promises.
                  And you have never been any of those?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

My wild guess is that his beef lies in the fact that the person in possession of all of these rather lovely traits is now in charge of the most powerful nation on earth.

Comment

An argument is relevant no matter who makes it. Arguments fall down when the facts do not support the argument no matter who makes the argument. One tends to believe supporting facts according to the credibility of the person making the argument for sure but this never invalidates an argument.
                      Fair point but most of these arguments are not really arguments, just a loose solution with no explanation or detail. Leading us to rely on the credibility of the person.

But my point was an endorsement from KH is not a great thing. Would you want her to endorse you?

I doubt he was to the same extent as Trump. I doubt he made a career out of them. I doubt he was all of them at once. And crucially, he didn't run for president. Expecting a president to be perfect is stupid. Expecting them to accept they're not perfect is not. Expecting them to at least try to be a decent human being is not. Someone who doesn't seem interested in trying to be a good man is not a great shout, someone who enjoys using their power as a get out of jail free card to act in whatever way they want.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X