• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]US election stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Total votes for Donald Trump 59,418,103
    Total votes for Hilary Clinton 69,424,897

If you're saying democracy was served last night then reason has lost all hope and the human race as we know is doomed.

The US has a very good electoral system - for a large rural country in 1812. The system the US uses is fundamentally broken in the modern day.
    Yeah its not the only one

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      No you didn't. Oikophobia is fear of your own home surroundings. From the Greek "oikos" meaning home. Though it has been used to describe people who prefer alien cultures to their own.
      You made me splutter soy latte onto my keyboard, you bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
        I hear you.
        I'm living in this very strange twilight zone at the moment. I'm normally an avid consumer of news but I can't even turn the radio on right now because it all feels too surreal. This is the country that rejected Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann but Trump is acceptable. And I kept seeing Ann Coulter every time I ventured towards the TV. No. Just no. This has been an incredibly weird year. I read Trump's autobiography about five years ago and found myself laughing out loud sometimes at his complete lack of self awareness. Now this.
        Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmenn are part of the establishment so are elites.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I'm a math person. The math checks out the result did not
          How about this?

September 2014 - Yes to Scottish Independence 45%, No to Scottish Independence 55%.

What do you make of THAT result Mr Maths??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            As far as I know, that's a complete fallacy, She was asked how she would respond if Iran attached Israel with nukes.

What evidence is there of that?

Maybe so. I don't think she's had referenced infrastructure projects in an inauguration speech.

Nope - that's a completely different type of characteristic and not the same kind of personal cowardice in my view

cheated to win the nomination, as revealed in many email leaks
            was knowingly funded by the same Middle East backers of ISIS
            Let's not forget the ongoing email server case

What case? She's been cleared no? And if you think the Donald is putting merica first - you're deluded
            Cleared? They got through 33,000 emails in months then suddenly 250,000 in 8 days? Yeah, whatever.

As for your accusation of Trump being racist, what evidence do you have? His desire to build the wall? One man's racist is another man's patriot. Perhaps we should ask his good friends Rev Al Sharpton and Don King if he's racist. You know, those African American folk who aren't the same race as him???? He was never accused of being a racist until he stood to run against the Democrats and the Liberal elite. Yet I'm deluded.

This one's closed for me, there's been a very toxic element ruling America for too long and I'm pleased that they've finally risen up against it. Fingers crossed the USA will make more friends on an international front without those in charge that shouldn't have been.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Ronald Trump is in the Donald Trump party so expect him to help people like himself e.g. he will be no better than an establishment politician.

Comment

Interesting that since the election his website now has no mention of not allowing Muslims into America. Seems to have taken a leaf out of other right wing parties, in other words say what the voters want to hear and then change your tune once elected.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Interesting that since the election his website now has no mention of not allowing Muslims into America. Seems to have taken a leaf out of other right wing parties, in other words say what the voters want to hear and then change your tune once elected.
                  Why would he stop rich Saudis coming to the US?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

As for your accusation of Trump being racist, what evidence do you have? His desire to build the wall? One man's racist is another man's patriot. Perhaps we should ask his good friends Rev Al Sharpton and Don King if he's racist.
                    I didn't have to google too hard to find this, I'm sure there are plenty more examples for you to and research yourself. Given you've stooped to citing Don King as a relevant character reference, what with his fraudulent, thieving past - I can only conclude you're thick as 2 short planks

Here Are 13 Examples Of Donald Trump Being Racist | Huffington Post

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      I didn't have to google too hard to find this, I'm sure there are plenty more examples for you to and research yourself. Given you've stooped to citing Don King as a relevant character reference, what with his fraudulent, thieving past - I can only conclude you're thick as 2 short planks

Here Are 13 Examples Of Donald Trump Being Racist | Huffington Post
                      You're being ridiculous. If Trump is racist, then why did his last minute advert against the financial élite feature three white people?

Comment

Working...
                      X