• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Price of Brexit? More Indians?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    The number of people in the South East (or travelling in and out of it) has nothing to do with it?
    Due to bad government (of every colour) strategies on ensuring most businesses want to be in London and the SE.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Due to bad government (of every colour) strategies on ensuring most businesses want to be in London and the SE.
      I see it as a bit of chicken or egg. There's a massive pull for talent towards London and therefore business interest in being there. If you were setting up or running a business where would you go? If you were looking for work, where are the highest paying contracts? Perhaps the BBC's move to Salford Quays is a mini-example of the outcome of trying to reverse such a trend.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        I know. It felt so strange but I've just liked one of his posts.
        go home & wash!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
          It's a viscous circle...
          You get stuck to it?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
            It's not racist if it's true.
            I'm not 100% sure that is accurate. Anyone?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              You get stuck to it?
              woops!
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

I see it as a bit of chicken or egg. There's a massive pull for talent towards London and therefore business interest in being there. If you were setting up or running a business where would you go? If you were looking for work, where are the highest paying contracts? Perhaps the BBC's move to Salford Quays is a mini-example of the outcome of trying to reverse such a trend.
                I'm already in London.

Though to be fair I was born and raised here.

The location of your business depends on what you do, where your customers are and where your competitors are. Added to that some businesses are more secure in more secluded locations e.g. protestors are easier to spot.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Farage said on TV that the UK should be open to skilled labour from India rather than having unlimited migration from Europe. However, nothing is said about British workers being able to work and settle in India. It’s one way only.
                  It's one way for a very good reason. Do you want to live there? Neither do I, and neither, it seems, do an awful lot of their "skilled" population.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Well if nothing else, it's taught me where the subtitle button is on my million-button remote control...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      Racist
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X