• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Todays WTF recruiter email

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todays WTF recruiter email

Dear Eek,

Hope all is well.

I have some great new lucrative opportunities with our award winning fintech and hedge fund clients using the latest low latency technologies.

They have ex-Google and Facebook developers working there.
    Um its not my skillset anyway but what does working at Google / Facebook have to do with low latency development and why would I care anyway.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Cause it's cool innit.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Cause it's cool innit.
      +1 It's probably come from generation snowflake though so don't reply 'feck off twunt' or they'll be crying in the bog for the rest of the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        +1 It's probably come from generation snowflake though so don't reply 'feck off twunt' or they'll be crying in the bog for the rest of the afternoon.
        He could answer WGAF, do you think that will make them cry too?
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          He could answer WGAF, do you think that will make them cry too?
          Yes. Anything other than "Wow, that's a really good email. You deserve another hazelnut skinny latté for your efforts. Shall I fetch you one?" would have that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Um its not my skillset anyway but what does working at Google / Facebook have to do with low latency development and why would I care anyway.
            Perhaps they have a list of whose desperate to hang on to the coattails of others?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

They've clearly heard how ace you are and are desperately using buzzwords to try to coax you in.

Comment

QUOTE=eek;2325614]Um its not my skillset anyway but what does working at Google / Facebook have to do with low latency development and why would I care anyway.[/QUOTE]

[
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by An email wot I was sent
                  This will last for 6 months but will really role on.
                  WTF does that mean?

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

If I am honest, the prospect of being interviewed by ex google/FB developers or even working with them would make me run miles away. They are all so stuck up inside their own back side, they think interviewing a developer would mean subjecting him to Tyrion style tormenting in front of a white board.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X