• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Todays WTF recruiter email"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Jeez, times must be hard for you guys as the new generation shoves you aside. Maybe time to deploy those paunches and grey heads of hair in some kind of strategy or management role? Best of luck, anyway.
    Generation degeneration

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Jeez, times must be hard for you guys as the new generation shoves you aside. Maybe time to deploy those paunches and grey heads of hair in some kind of strategy or management role? Best of luck, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    They can have group hugs with the abc and fb folks and pubic hair grooming tips. Not sure what the blokes will do though, probably discuss chunky knitwear patterns and the authenticity of each others plimsolls.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Gonna be a load of ex Twatter people out there soon it seems.
    They can have group hugs with the abc and fb folks and swap beard grooming tips. Not sure what the blokes will do though, probably discuss chunky knitwear patterns.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Gonna be a load of ex Twatter people out there soon it seems.

Leave a comment:

• amanwhoisquiet
    replied
    I don't get it. These engineers have been canned from abc and fb, so you should want to work with them?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    And having to take a firm grip on the interviewers ample hipster beard to help you get up isn't going to help
    No, but you'd feel a lot better for it and it's all about feeling good these days. Used to be a lot easier to feel good, before they banned cattle prods in the office.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post

From Chapter 4 of 'How to catch a white girl'

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Pumpkin spiced

Cos tis the season

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    And having to take a firm grip on the interviewers ample hipster beard to help you get up isn't going to help
    Especially when you are holding the Client Co IPad, in the other hand, they insisted you did the technical test on, to ensure you could "code renegade and be extra agile".

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Indeed. And even if you did smash the interview there is the problem of getting up from the bean bag whilst keeping your modesty and decorum intact.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    If I am honest, the prospect of being interviewed by ex google/FB developers or even working with them would make me run miles away. They are all so stuck up inside their own back side, they think interviewing a developer would mean subjecting him to Tyrion style tormenting in front of a white board.
    Indeed. And even if you did smash the interview there is the problem of getting up from the bean bag whilst keeping your modesty and decorum intact.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Yes. Anything other than "Wow, that's a really good email. You deserve another hazelnut skinny latté for your efforts. Shall I fetch you one?" would have that effect.
    Pumpkin spiced

Cos tis the season

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    You should go back and say "Oh did they, funny.........I've turned both those companies down on more than one occasion."

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    If I am honest, the prospect of being interviewed by ex google/FB developers or even working with them would make me run miles away. They are all so stuck up inside their own back side, they think interviewing a developer would mean subjecting him to Tyrion style tormenting in front of a white board.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X