• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Autumn Statement 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
    When I wrote that, I predicted that however after listening to the first few minutes he is now talking about Self Employment as eroding the Tax revenues. So... I doubt anything will change
    I feel a sense of impending doom.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
      I feel a sense of impending doom.
      I feel I will be changing my company to IT Innovation Tech

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
        When I wrote that, I predicted that however after listening to the first few minutes he is now talking about Self Employment as eroding the Tax revenues.
        I missed that but suspect he was probably referring to people being forced into "self-employment" when they really shouldn't be (typically low-paid workers), which I think is, to be fair, a genuine problem. Almost the opposite problem to us. Think Uber drivers, couriers etc.

Comment

Here we go.....

Comment

Hmm, we'll have to wait for the budget documents, but some of those measures don't bode well. Sounds like the VAT FRS is being reviewed (removed?). Something about shareholder status too...details needed. Nothing about IR35, but it could be in the AS documents that are uploaded shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Hmm, we'll have to wait for the budget documents, but some of those measures don't bode well. Sounds like the VAT FRS is being reviewed (removed?). Something about shareholder status too...details needed. Nothing about IR35, but it could be in the AS documents that are uploaded shortly.
              The devil is in the detail...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/government/topica...statement-2016

Comment

I wonder if the FRS stuff relates to cracking down on stuff like this:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ds-of-millions

Can't imagine what they are planning though.

Comment

The FRS change sounds like the one where an umbrella put 2 contractors into different LTDs and set them up as FRS and trousered the profit. I reckon that's going to be legislated out.
                    They'll keep FRS as it encourages small companies below the threshold to enrol.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      The devil is in the detail...
                      Yep, it always is... furious reading to begin soon

Comment

Working...
                      X