• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Europe's highest court has ruled that time taken to travel to work should count as wo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Lucky them to own their own car
    Bangers aren't expensive to own especially if you are a mature person.

In London because insurance is more expensive especially if you weren't botrm in the UK loads of carers rely on public transport.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      why do people assume only the EU can moderate big business and control employment law.
      +1. Now the establishment has been overthrown by a popular uprising, you can expect more and better employment rights, courtesy of Boris Johnson, Liam Fox, David Davies et al.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        +1. Now the establishment has been overthrown by a popular uprising, you can expect more and better employment rights, courtesy of Boris Johnson, Liam Fox, David Davies et al.
        Don't be so sarky,

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Don't be so sarky,
          Ah Judge a civilisation by how it treats its prisoners, I assume that's what you are talking about otherwise it seems a little off topic.
          how do you think French, German & Spanish prisons look at the same time. The prisoners there are not been beaten or starved.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Oh look it takes me 1 hour to get to work by car and two by bike - so regardless of what I do I'll say I travelled by bike - hey presto - more money.

Quite the most stupid and ungovernable and unenforceable piece of legislation to come out of the festering boils of the European Court since the last one.

I just can't even.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Oh look it takes me 1 hour to get to work by car and two by bike - so regardless of what I do I'll say I travelled by bike - hey presto - more money.
              I thought you worked from your home office? It took you an hour to get to your clients which is a business trip no?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Quite the most stupid and ungovernable and unenforceable piece of legislation to come out of the festering boils of the European Court since the last one.

I just can't even.
                I think when the supervisor comes to visit the carers on site they might notice the lack of a bike?

Remember they will be paying the extra money so having spent years screwing the carers over so they spend the most time travelling on their own dime to save the company 50p you think they are going to fall for that one?

Just because someone can potentially with effort defraud it doesn't mean its a bad idea.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I just can't even.
                  So because one person may attempt to defraud their employer ( and not necessarily get away with it) we should do away with any attempt to protect the other 999?

This isn't aimed at people working in conventional office jobs, it's aimed at mobile workers on or close to minimum wage, like Home Carers, Drivers etc. who don't have a fixed place of work and can be sent anywhere by their employers for their first and last jobs of the day and don't get paid for the time taken to get there or get home afterwards.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

too bad for all these careworkers who travel in between patients and don't get paid for it. If only they had voted for remain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I thought you worked from your home office? It took you an hour to get to your clients which is a business trip no?
                      The article says "without a fixed office", so anyone claiming their home is their fixed office won't be covered.

Seems this is as much about minimum wage as anything else. A lot of carers especially are earning less than minimum wage when you take into account travelling time, and that's not right given that travelling around is an essential part of the job.
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X