• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IndyRef2 : This time it's war!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
    Indeed, but surely a companion to these emotional arguments, is the desire to stand on your own two feet? I just don't see how Scotland can claim to do this.
    Nationalism is a blind ideology.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      P.s. You've still not explained what happened to you in your youth.
      Please tell me! I want to know too!!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Just glancing the hate-filled spite on the BBC's HYS awakens the ugly tulip I thought was behind us. Shudder.

I hate this. I'm reminded how much Scots are hated. Feck who wouldn't want out.
        Highest rated comment from aforementioned HYS:

2. Posted by FedupGlasgow
        on 2 hours ago

Not in my name, I wish she would just shut up and get the message, Scotland is a thriving part of the UK, we want to stay that way. This is just pandering to her "braveheart rabble"

Thought about listening to Scots who actually live in Scotland?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Please tell me! I want to know too!!
          You said you suffered sectarian abuse - not me.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            People saw Eastern Europeans taking jobs they thought they could have and voted leave.
            People see Scotland with Free Prescriptions No University Fees (ignoring the dire finance of Scottish Unis compared to UK ones) and think greedy sods - if they want to go good riddance.
            I suppose if England introduced fees for breathing fresh air Scotland would receive unfair prejudice for not paying. You can't blame other countries for introducing laws at home you don't like.

'Them taking our jobs' is proving to be a falsehood time and time again. Although it sells DM papers...
            More often than not it has been shown 'Brits' lack the necessary skills.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

How dependent is Scotland from UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                Indeed, but surely a companion to these emotional arguments, is the desire to stand on your own two feet? I just don't see how Scotland can claim to do this.
                Lots of countries much poorer than Scotland stand on their own two feet. An independent Scotland might not be a prosperous G8 nation but they're still a 1st-world nation.

Apart from anything else, Scotland is 1/3 of the UK by area but only 1/13 the population. They could actually grow all their own food and generate all their own energy if they needed to, we sure as heck cannot. Scotland could probably run 100% on green energy if it had to(?)
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Why is Scottish Independence "hoping for the worst" ?

You just voted to leave the EU to regain your sovereignty are you now suggesting that Scots too shouldn't democratically decide ?

What I do see is a government and a country in disarray.

First, you seem to be incapable of posting anything without a , so it's rather difficult to tell what your emotions might be, but I'm picturing you with a permanently smug complexion. Second, I don't recall you posting anything in the last ~six months that wasn't whining about Brexit or about the financial consequences that you're hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    What I do see is a government and a country in disarray.

A fraction of 48% of the voting public is in complete disarray, I agree. Bless.

Comment

Claiming the UK is not in disarray is just deluding yourself. You can say it's silly short-term panic rather than due to fundamental weaknesses, but that doesn't mean it's not happening.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X