• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

IndyRef2 : This time it's war!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #21
    Originally posted by Chuck View Post
    I still don't get what the "Out" Scots want. To leave the Uk, only to replace the largely benign Uk government with the EU? To lose the funding from the Uk, alongside a long-term collapse in oil price? To lose tens of thousands of Uk public sector jobs while only having three people and dog working in the private sector?

    The SNP want to scrap Trident, along presumably with the thousands of supporting jobs on the Clyde.

    Fine, if Scotland wants to leave, then let them go. I just don't see what they expect their future to look like, other than bleak and impoverished.
    Still not sure how this would work. Independent from rest of the UK doesn't guarantee joining EU. There is a waiting list for joining EU and they've said they will not make an exception for Scotland. Not sure how Sturgeon is hoping to achieve this.

    Comment


      #22
      Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      It's hard to hope for something different when driving up the wrong side of the motorway.
      In your extensive experience.

      Comment


        #23
        Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Feck who wouldn't want out.
        Oh, I don't know. The uptrodden "55"?

        Comment


          #24
          Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Whether or not that's true (it isn't), it's an interesting reflection on your character that you're hoping for the worst.
          Why is Scottish Independence "hoping for the worst" ?

          You just voted to leave the EU to regain your sovereignty are you now suggesting that Scots too shouldn't democratically decide ?

          What I do see is a government and a country in disarray.

          I'm alright Jack

          Comment


            #25
            Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Just glancing the hate-filled spite on the BBC's HYS awakens the ugly tulip I thought was behind us. Shudder.

            I hate this. I'm reminded how much Scots are hated. Feck who wouldn't want out.
            People saw Eastern Europeans taking jobs they thought they could have and voted leave.
            People see Scotland with Free Prescriptions No University Fees (ignoring the dire finance of Scottish Unis compared to UK ones) and think greedy sods - if they want to go good riddance.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

            Comment


              #26
              Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
              Still not sure how this would work. Independent from rest of the UK doesn't guarantee joining EU. There is a waiting list for joining EU and they've said they will not make an exception for Scotland. Not sure how Sturgeon is hoping to achieve this.
              It doesn't and the waiting list means nothing in the EU. The Membership states can fast track Scotlands membership is they all agree to do it.

              Another point that has been raised is that the Brexit negotiations which "should" include Scotland might well have them join the EU.

              Of course, for the UK that will be great news considering all the grants and funding Scotland takes from them

              Comment


                #27
                Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Just glancing the hate-filled spite on the BBC's HYS awakens the ugly tulip I thought was behind us. Shudder.

                I hate this. I'm reminded how much Scots are hated. Feck who wouldn't want out.
                Ironcially, it's the IndyRef that kicked this all off...


                ... between Scots.

                We might have round two to look forward to. Scotland - a country at war with itself.

                P.s. You've still not explained what happened to you in your youth.

                Comment


                  #28
                  Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  If she wants to get Scotland to leave, she should ask for the whole of the UK to have a vote.

                  She wants to do a "Boris Brexit". Campaign to leave, narrowly lose then whine about it....
                  Um, Boris narrowly won.

                  Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                  I still don't get what the "Out" Scots want. To leave the Uk, only to replace the largely benign Uk government with the EU? To lose the funding from the Uk, alongside a long-term collapse in oil price? To lose tens of thousands of Uk public sector jobs while only having three people and dog working in the private sector?

                  The SNP want to scrap Trident, along presumably with the thousands of supporting jobs on the Clyde.

                  Fine, if Scotland wants to leave, then let them go. I just don't see what they expect their future to look like, other than bleak and impoverished.
                  Many of these points can be made about the EU referendum too. You're missing all the emotional elements - self-determination, patriotism, FREEEEEEEEDOM. And of course you might argue that leaving the UK to join the EU might be a good move though we will only be able to tell in hindsight.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

                  Comment


                    #29
                    Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
                    The Membership states can fast track Scotlands membership is they all agree to do it.
                    Spain won't allow it, as they have their own separatist movement to discourage.

                    Comment


                      #30
                      Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Um, Boris narrowly won.

                      Many of these points can be made about the EU referendum too. You're missing all the emotional elements - self-determination, patriotism, FREEEEEEEEDOM. And of course you might argue that leaving the UK to join the EU might be a good move though we will only be able to tell in hindsight.
                      Indeed, but surely a companion to these emotional arguments, is the desire to stand on your own two feet? I just don't see how Scotland can claim to do this.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X