• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IndyRef2 : This time it's war!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    This is a stage managed, party conference, news event. They're a very long way from pulling the trigger. Once they do, the SNP understands that their time is limited. Lose and they're finished. Win, and they're degraded over time by the loss of their main rallying cry to Scottish voters.
    I hope she/the SNP get the most almighty hammering. With both the Indy Ref and Brexit vote I was prepared to accept the outcome should it have not gone the way I hoped. Does an already damaged Scotland have the stomach for this?

Comment

I still don't get what the "Out" Scots want. To leave the Uk, only to replace the largely benign Uk government with the EU? To lose the funding from the Uk, alongside a long-term collapse in oil price? To lose tens of thousands of Uk public sector jobs while only having three people and dog working in the private sector?

The SNP want to scrap Trident, along presumably with the thousands of supporting jobs on the Clyde.

Fine, if Scotland wants to leave, then let them go. I just don't see what they expect their future to look like, other than bleak and impoverished.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
        Fine, if Scotland wants to leave, then let them go. I just don't see what they expect their future to look like, other than bleak and impoverished.
        You clearly don't understand anything. What they look forward to is a bright and prosperous future, freed from the shackles of the oppressive English.

And will be supported in their old age by the income from the massive oil-backed sovereign wealth fund that will be established on day 1.

Comment

and Britain's problems mount
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            You are Jean Claude Juncker and I claim my post Breixt £50 jar of Marmite.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Whether or not that's true (it isn't), it's an interesting reflection on your character that you're hoping for the worst.

Comment

Whether or not that's true (it isn't), it's an interesting reflection on your character that you're hoping for the worst.
                There's a few on here that would quite happily see the UK on the rocks. No idea where the hatred comes from (save for Scootscot).

Comment

This is a stage managed, party conference, news event. They're a very long way from pulling the trigger. Once they do, the SNP understands that their time is limited. Lose and they're finished. Win, and they're degraded over time by the loss of their main rallying cry to Scottish voters.
                  Yup its very much this. Rallies the faithful . Keeps Nicola on the front page.

The BBC of course is loving it.. I want a referendum on the licence fee

Comment

It's hard to hope for something different when driving up the wrong side of the motorway.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Just glancing the hate-filled spite on the BBC's HYS awakens the ugly tulip I thought was behind us. Shudder.

I hate this. I'm reminded how much Scots are hated. Feck who wouldn't want out.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X