• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Japan job offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    1-year contract, $200k US, school fees + apartment paid for, $10k golden handshake

Tempted but still thinking Bavaria is the better option. Anyone else here had experience of living in Japan with family? What were your experiences?
    Ask the family where they want to be - and I mean all the family including the kids.

Also if you are skilled enough you will be able to move back to Germany regardless of Brexit. Skilled British people move to non-EU countries all the time.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      If Japan has a block on CUk Can I suggest you take it
      Time zone is suitably different in Japan.

Comment

Where abouts in Japan? (Currently in Shinagawa, about to get a taxi to the airport, having travelled up from Osaka yesterday)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Where abouts in Japan? (Currently in Shinagawa, about to get a taxi to the airport, having travelled up from Osaka yesterday)
          Do encourage him.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Nagoya
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              It's nice they'll pay your school fees, what A-levels are you going to take?
              That will depend on whether or not he gets any GCSEs!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                That will depend on whether or not he gets any GCSEs!

Don't have any. Never needed them.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Don't have any. Never needed them.
                  Don't play the Scottish standard and highers card.

To be honest I think Japan would be a culture shock to many for me.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Cromwell
                    You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Don't play the Scottish standard and highers card.

To be honest I think Japan would be a culture shock to many for me.
                      Something that's coming to the surface the more I talk to people. Insular society, which is the complete opposite from the younger German population we're exposed to at the minute. The older bunch however.. a bit like elderly Brits, stuck in the past. Yes, I think the culture shock would be something else.

Perhaps they'd accept 1 month on 1 month off or something... Would like to practice my photography out there.
                      Last edited by scooterscot; 13 October 2016, 08:44.

Comment

Working...
                      X