• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virtue signalling foul mouthed songstress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What?

So what? Why does it matter whose fault it is they are there, the fact is they are.
    If someone is hit by a car outside your front door and crawls up to you for help, do you tell them "well it wasn't me that hit you". No it is not our fault and we're not to blame for the situation... but that means we don't need to give a tulip?

Again this just seems a way for us to assuage any bad feelings we might have... wash our hands of them because we're not to blame.
    You have inadvertently given a good illustration of the point. Say it is her door the injured person crawls to. What she is actually doing to the person on the street crawling to her door is shouting that everyone else should be helping the injured person and that they should feel guilty for not helping. She is in tears crying for the person yes but she is not opening her own door
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      It's not about washing our hands of them, they're in The Jungle in Calais by choice. Or do you think that France is not a country fit to apply for asylum in?
      "By choice" tells you how bad it was where they were before.

Why should France have to take them all just because that's where they ended up?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        You have inadvertently given a good illustration of the point. Say it is her door the injured person crawls to. What she is actually doing to the person on the street crawling to her door is shouting that everyone else should be helping the injured person and that they should feel guilty for not helping. She is in tears crying for the person yes but she is not opening her own door
        a)How do you know what she is or isn't giving personally?
        b)Throwing money at some of them won't fix anything

Lily Allen decides to speak on our behalf when she has no mandate to do so. She does this because she feels she should be helping these people but not through her own pocket. Instead the rest of us should be made to feel guilty to make her look virtuous as if she is "doing something about it".
        No DA, that's just how normal people react when they're genuinely upset and moved by something. Regular folk I know who have visited had the same basic reaction - I guess a bit like going to look at holocaust camps where people just feel ashamed for their race/country even though they had no hand in it personally?

Throwing money at Calais won't fix it, awareness which leads to lobbying governments might(?)

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          Nobody said we don't want to help them,
          I bet that's not true!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

"By choice" tells you how bad it was where they were before.

Why should France have to take them all just because that's where they ended up?
            Something called the Dublin Regulation. But you're playing the game of blaming France (or the UK), when in reality it is the responsibility of the migrants to claim asylum or refugee status in the first safe country they land in.

If they do not do that, then they are simply illegal economic migrants.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              Nobody said we don't want to help them, the idea that the UK as a country needs to apologise to them is entirely a different matter.
              She's still allowed to say that though, I don't think the people there thought she was actually an official ambassador...
              Quite why these migrants are pretending to be refugee's is another subject that needs to be explored. They are choosing to travel to Calais and they are determined to cross illegally into the UK. The Syrian army isn't in France, the Russians aren't bombing Paris.
              Again, another way to put blame on those who are suffering to ease our conscience? When someone is living in a tent in the mud off scraps, does it matter which label to apply?

It's illegal for them to enter the UK but legal for them to enter France? I dunno why they want to cross Europe when so many other countries are nicer en-route. Has someone told Syria that "the streets of London are paved with gold" and they fixate on it as being worth the huge journey?

Or, do we just end up with a small minority of them in Calais and most DO stop in other nations?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                Something called the Dublin Regulation. But you're playing the game of blaming France (or the UK), when in reality it is the responsibility of the migrants to claim asylum or refugee status in the first safe country they land in.
                Are impoverished Syrians aware of international refugee law? It's all well and good saying they should sit in an orderly queue filling in forms but is that realistic? When they arrive there is there anywhere to claim refugee status who will feed and house them or would they have to sit starving for days/weeks until their forms come through... it can take weeks even in the UK to get your JSA started so who knows how long a million Syrians would have to queue!

Comment

She's still allowed to say that though, I don't think the people there thought she was actually an official ambassador...Again, another way to put blame on those who are suffering to ease our conscience? When someone is living in a tent in the mud off scraps, does it matter which label to apply?

It's illegal for them to enter the UK but legal for them to enter France? I dunno why they want to cross Europe when so many other countries are nicer en-route. Has someone told Syria that "the streets of London are paved with gold" and they fixate on it as being worth the huge journey?

Or, do we just end up with a small minority of them in Calais and most DO stop in other nations?
                  She is a millionaire she could dip into her pocket first its like Geldof & Boneo making poverty history whilst making minimum tax payments etc. If they want to fix it look at Mr & Mrs Gates or Warren Buffett.

If the UK said that any asylum seekers that can't prove a direct route from a war torn country would be deported back to the nearest safe refugee camp in or near their country we would find most of them didn't come from Syria etc. The Jungle would empty.

There is nothing to stop us taking vetted migrants direct from Syria.

This is the humane thing to do , stop the pull and support them in or near their countries.

Merkel has plenty of migrants blood on her hands as they ran towards Germany.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

a)How do you know what she is or isn't giving personally?
                    b)Throwing money at some of them won't fix anything

No DA, that's just how normal people react when they're genuinely upset and moved by something. Regular folk I know who have visited had the same basic reaction - I guess a bit like going to look at holocaust camps where people just feel ashamed for their race/country even though they had no hand in it personally?

Throwing money at Calais won't fix it, awareness which leads to lobbying governments might(?)
                    It is when you start judging other people (which was her mistake) that she will open herself up to being judged. As I keep pointing out to you look at actions not words,. If she is that concerned about these people and thinks they should be housed in the UK or given money then she should lead from the front. She is very rich and unlike the rest of us could easily afford to help.

What worries me is that you do not seem to understand this concept at all. have you tried reading any books or articles about human behaviour - it really is not hard to understand. if an agent tells you he is honest and will pay you on time would you believe him? or would you look back at what he has actually done in the past and make a judgement according to facts?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

What exactly is she apologising for?

Comment

Working...
                      X