• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The strange and slow death of CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Most have been banned.

Those not banned are in fear of the lollipop.
    Quite jealous of that lollipop myself
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Hardly surprising as some regulars here pounce on every new poster, give them a ritual hazing, and drive them away!

Unwarranted hostility towards newbies should be a bannable offence IMHO

This. Plus the accounting section no longer needs to exist. All you really need is a bot to shout "have you asked your accountant?" every few minutes.

I joined in the hope of finding some support, help and general chat about contracting. Sadly what exists is a ton of abuse in general, pretty much the same in the business forum and very little elsewhere. Mostly from the same clique.

Shame really as there are still some nuggets of gold in there occasionally.
      Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Originally posted by Intel View Post
        This. Plus the accounting section no longer needs to exist. All you really need is a bot to shout "have you asked your accountant?" every few minutes.

I joined in the hope of finding some support, help and general chat about contracting. Sadly I found NLUK lying in wait.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          WTF do you think you are? You coming waltzing in, in July 2005 and think you can start telling us what to do. Bloody Newbies, I've been here since the nineties!
          Is it true you eat a dozen doughnuts each time you post?

Comment

It used to be good banter with good information as well - these days it is indeed a clique who are abusive in the main. This is supposed to be a professional forum, but the idiots have taken over hence the demise.

More lollipop action is needed.

Comment

It used to be good banter with good information as well
              When was that?

This is supposed to be a professional forum
              No - this is general.

Attend the next CUK meet up. For a tenner you can get full lollipop action.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Attend the next CUK meet up. For a tenner you can get full lollipop action.....
                About the only action I will have all year!

Comment

Those not banned are in fear of the lollipop.
                  Make your mind up!

About the only action I will have all year!
                  You should try getting married and get the benefit of regular sex.

I hope no-one points out that Wilmslow will get as much sex married as single. Its just a ploy to get him married and make him as miserable as the rest of us.....

Comment

Originally posted by Intel View Post

I joined in the hope of finding some support, help and general chat about contracting. Sadly what exists is a ton of abuse in general, pretty much the same in the business forum and very little elsewhere. Mostly from the same clique.

Generally, it does, like the old helpdesk mantra of "have you tried rebooting", apply to 80% of cases though.

I agree with this sentiment but General has always been a wild place since I was lurking. What I have noticed is that this has spread over into the professional forums, which could arguably be moderated more strongly. The sockie accounts don't help though as there are trolls on here which seem intent on winding up the likes of NLUK, who I believe is genuinely trying to be helpful and tries to restrain his disdain for people who cannot be bothered searching.

Wilmslow and Suity are special cases who make rods for their own backs though.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Wilmslow and Suity are special needs cases who make rods for their own backs though.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X