• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any drawback to Dual Nationality?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Everyone got along famously.
    And there lies the beauty of cricket. I can't say I've never seen trouble at a match - one time at the Oval someone started sounding off at this fella because he'd brought his wife and kids - but it's normally a very congenial atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I've nothing against her. But I most certainly do not value one life more than another.
      So you hold Mother Teresa and Ian Brady in the same regard?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Typo, iPhone autocorrect!

As a matter of interest Irish citizens are deemed to have settled status in UK from day one, i.e. effective ILR and vice-versa.
        Yep. Residents of Northern Ireland have the choice of either passport, or both.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          And there lies the beauty of cricket. I can't say I've never seen trouble at a match - one time at the Oval someone started sounding off at this fella because he'd brought his wife and kids - but it's normally a very congenial atmosphere.
          I think you'll find that's all sports bar football. I've been watching Formula One for 30 years and not once has there ever been any need to segregate fans or any hint of people reverting to tribalism.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I think you'll find that's all sports bar football. I've been watching Formula One for 30 years and not once has there ever been any need to segregate fans or any hint of people reverting to tribalism.
            Fair point.

Comment

It's generally a respectful (gentlemanly?) game - the players don't come across as arrogant, they respect the umpires, fielders will applaud batsmen at centuries, etc. Respect on the pitch is reflected in the fans watching it. I think that's also true in rugby but to a lesser extent as some of the players are arrogant, but they still respect the ref.
              ...and then there's football. Arrogant, overpaid players, no respect for the ref, no respect for the opposition, no respect from the fans.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've nothing against her. But I most certainly do not value one life more than another.
                Bet you do. Your own, or your family, for example, over a stranger on the street.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                ...and then there's football. Arrogant, overpaid players, no respect for the ref, no respect for the opposition, no respect from the fans.
                Yeah well- the working class must have their circus.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So you hold Mother Teresa and Ian Brady in the same regard?
                  Apparently Mother Teresa was a fraud.

Ian Brady mentally ill.

I'm not excusing their actions, to be clear.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Bet you do. Your own, or your family, for example, over a stranger on the street.
                    Not the way i was raised to think. All life ends. Very few of us choose when to end it.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Not the way i was raised to think. All life ends. Very few of us choose when to end it.
                      How much would you spend to save you own life? How much would you spend to save a stranger's life in Bhutan?

Comment

Working...
                      X