• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any drawback to Dual Nationality?"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    ITAR - that's a drawback.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    ITAR - that's a drawback.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Not the way i was raised to think. All life ends. Very few of us choose when to end it.
    Reminds me of this joke:

Two guys are out in the woods hunting when one of them falls to the ground. His eyes are rolled back in his head and he doesn't appear to be breathing.
    His buddy takes out his cell phone and immediately calls 911. Gasping, he says to the operator, "My friend is dead! What can I do?"
    "Take it easy and calm down," the operator says in a calm voice. "I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."
    There's silence and then a shot is heard. The guy comes back on the phone and says, "OK, now what?"

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Could say most Brits are dual nationals, English and British me!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    How much would you spend to save you own life? How much would you spend to save a stranger's life in Bhutan?
    Really is pointless. I find value in what time I have rather than trying to earn enough money to buy time I might have. More and more people today burn themselves out in the belief their increased earnings will offer them better medical care. Mad.

By giving blood I'm helping strangers. Assisted some school children last year acquire an education in photography in the outskirts of Cusco. Might have been my own children but was not, they're already receiving a good education.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    ...and then there's football. Arrogant, overpaid players, no respect for the ref, no respect for the opposition, no respect from the fans.
    And then there are sweeping generalisations.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Not the way i was raised to think. All life ends. Very few of us choose when to end it.
    How much would you spend to save you own life? How much would you spend to save a stranger's life in Bhutan?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Bet you do. Your own, or your family, for example, over a stranger on the street.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    So you hold Mother Teresa and Ian Brady in the same regard?
    Apparently Mother Teresa was a fraud.

Ian Brady mentally ill.

I'm not excusing their actions, to be clear.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I've nothing against her. But I most certainly do not value one life more than another.
    Bet you do. Your own, or your family, for example, over a stranger on the street.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    ...and then there's football. Arrogant, overpaid players, no respect for the ref, no respect for the opposition, no respect from the fans.
    Yeah well- the working class must have their circus.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    And there lies the beauty of cricket. I can't say I've never seen trouble at a match - one time at the Oval someone started sounding off at this fella because he'd brought his wife and kids - but it's normally a very congenial atmosphere.
    It's generally a respectful (gentlemanly?) game - the players don't come across as arrogant, they respect the umpires, fielders will applaud batsmen at centuries, etc. Respect on the pitch is reflected in the fans watching it. I think that's also true in rugby but to a lesser extent as some of the players are arrogant, but they still respect the ref.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I think you'll find that's all sports bar football. I've been watching Formula One for 30 years and not once has there ever been any need to segregate fans or any hint of people reverting to tribalism.
    Fair point.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    And there lies the beauty of cricket. I can't say I've never seen trouble at a match - one time at the Oval someone started sounding off at this fella because he'd brought his wife and kids - but it's normally a very congenial atmosphere.
    I think you'll find that's all sports bar football. I've been watching Formula One for 30 years and not once has there ever been any need to segregate fans or any hint of people reverting to tribalism.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Typo, iPhone autocorrect!

As a matter of interest Irish citizens are deemed to have settled status in UK from day one, i.e. effective ILR and vice-versa.
    Yep. Residents of Northern Ireland have the choice of either passport, or both.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    I've nothing against her. But I most certainly do not value one life more than another.
    So you hold Mother Teresa and Ian Brady in the same regard?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X