• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what do you invest in for the future now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    I don't care if Europe goes tits up, its not going to change the weather, good wine and easy lifestyle which have existed for centuries.
    Enjoy your impoverished retirement in grey miserable Slough where you'll have to wear a nappy when you're old as there'll be no immigrants to clean your bum.
    Slough with no immigrants? Do you mean Slough with < 50% immigrants?

Comment

I hear fine wine is a good investment.... I guess if it doesn't appreciate in value then you can always drink it in the end to forget you ****ed up your pension and retirement! Win-Win!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Slough with no immigrants? Do you mean Slough with < 50% immigrants?

Sorry I'm not familiar with whatver sh!t hole you live in.
        Anyway those immigrants will soon take the good jobs as they're probably more educated than you.

Comment

Sorry I'm not familiar with whatver sh!t hole you live in.
          Anyway those immigrants will soon take the good jobs as they're probably more educated than you.
          I've gone back to my roots, gone upmarket, and am gentrifying Jaywick in Essex.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Don't know about your pension, but with the QE and rise in the market mine is at an all time high, having gone up by 30k in the last 8 weeks alone.
            WHS

I know its cyclical but pension is doing well, strong dividends giving me a projected yield this year of 5.02% based on value current value, or 6.94% on capital cost invested.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
              I hear fine wine is a good investment.... I guess if it doesn't appreciate in value then you can always drink it in the end to forget you ****ed up your pension and retirement! Win-Win!
              Indeed. Wish I knew something about it
              I can tell a good wine from a bad, but that's about it.

Comment

Well that's a given, we too
                Safari in Africa is next big one, thinking of Tanzania (Kenya having too many Al-Shawadiwadi terrorists).
                Cars I can take or leave, I won't be thinking about a car on my death bed
                Tanzania not a bad option. Don't discount Botswana either.

I agree regarding Kenya - not somewhere I'd currently visit with the family.

Comment

My "worldwide" portfolio has risen 24% since Brexit, only have about 15% in the FTSE. FTSE shares generally a bit sick compared to everything else.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Post Brexit, if you have a pension pot you're fooked, there's a massive pension crisis coming:

A Really Vicious Circle Is Threatening U.K. Pension Pots - Bloomberg

Cash? Fuggedabatit.

Gold? Fluctuates too much.

Property?
                    Britain’s Housing Market Is Not Responding Well to Brexit: Chart - Bloomberg

Luckily I never trusted pensions, have a small SIPP with about 150K, so no big deal.
                    Most of my investment was in UK property, 2 in the process of being sold, hope those go through.
                    I then hope to invest that money in Portugal which is still about 30% off peak, medium term plan to retire there.

Luckily the missus is most probably on the Brexit gravy train and I'm guessing I won't be affected much by Brexit so the chance to accumulate is still there.
                    How are you planning for the future?
                    My pension fund has increased by over 12% since we won the vote so can't see a problem myself. It's split across multiple sectors as you would expect, but definitely not gold.
                    Last edited by GB9; 12 August 2016, 10:39.

Comment

I am investing in a power station which uses the cretinism on CUK to generate power.

While assguru still posts it will keep my pension pot alive.

HTH BISDI

Comment

Working...
                      X