• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what do you invest in for the future now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I'm not bothering. I'm enjoying my mid-life crisis and spending it all on new cars and expensive, extended overseas holidays instead.
    WHS. When I totted up and realised I was a millionaire I stopped working and started spending.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Don't know about your pension, but with the QE and rise in the market mine is at an all time high, having gone up by 30k in the last 8 weeks alone.
      Mine too. But my understanding is that pension funds may not be able to meet their liabilities in the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
        Lots of money could be made on that market
        Money's no good to me. Has to be diesel, guns and ammo, tinned or dried food, cooking oil or cigarettes.

Comment

WHS. When I totted up and realised I was a millionaire I stopped working and started spending.
          Easy to be a millionaire nowadays in terms of net assets, me too.
          But that's not enough, you need 5 million at least to stop working.
          If you're in your 40s that is.

Comment

Mine too. But my understanding is that pension funds may not be able to meet their liabilities in the long term.
            I'm tempted to cash it in and transfer it to commercial property. Seeing a shop and flat next week which has a 10% yield. I don't expect commercial property to drop near me, London would be different.

Comment

Agree. I'm taking a few months off and then working on my 5 million plan.

Comment

I'm tempted to cash it in and transfer it to commercial property. Seeing a shop and flat next week which has a 10% yield. I don't expect commercial property to drop near me, London would be different.
                How can you cash it in?

Comment

Not so much for MF. Obesity Statistics & Life Expectancy |

Comment

How can you cash it in?
                    Mine is in a managed fund, not a SIPP.

So was looking to convert into a SIPP which can be used to buy your own commercial properties.

There is a property coming up in an auction which I am interested in. I know it can go into a SIPP, I don't know though if I buy it directly, then do it up and then transfer it into my new SIPP whether I have to pay stamp duty twice.

Was planning to make a little on selling it back to my own pension fund. Need to speak to my accountant.

Comment

Mine is in a managed fund, not a SIPP.

So was looking to convert into a SIPP which can be used to buy your own commercial properties.

There is a property coming up in an auction which I am interested in. I know it can go into a SIPP, I don't know though if I buy it directly, then do it up and then transfer it into my new SIPP whether I have to pay stamp duty twice.

Was planning to make a little on selling it back to my own pension fund. Need to speak to my accountant.
                      Hmmm interesting, didn't know I had those sort of options with a SIPP - never had much truck with pensions.
                      Will look into into investing that more actively.
                      Still think property is best - Portugal and Spain have bargains, Greece is at rock bottom. And whatever happens in those places you'll always have the sun and vino they've had for centuries.
                      Last edited by CretinWatcher; 12 August 2016, 08:59.

Comment

Working...
                      X