• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what do you invest in for the future now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Off to Kenya in a few weeks to do a bit of safari in Samburu and Masai Mara. Tend to do SA (Sabi, Addo), but have been to Botswana (Delta, Makadikadi), Namibia (Chobe river), Zambia (Zambezi).
    Hope you have a great time Should see some great elephant herds in Samburu, and the Mara this time of year will be great for predator / prey interaction
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Kenya safaris are 100% safe. Kenya beach resorts are risky, but then why would you go to Kenya for the beaches?!?

We do 1 or 2 safaris a year, and a few years ago spent 6 months in S. Africa living in a safari camp Best holidays ever, bar none If you are only going to do one safari, then the great migration in Kenya is the one to do - last time we spent 9 days at Il Moran camp, Kenya and a night before that at Giraffe Manor in Nairobi.

If you think you'll want to do more safaris, then do Botswana ... the Delta is just the most amazing place in the world, even comparing against the Pantanal and the Amazon. Tanzania is OK, been there a few times, but wouldn't put it in front of even Zambia or Zimbabwe.
      Was in Tsavo a few years ago, followed by a beach break on Diani .
      Loved it - don't know why you'd think Kenya beaches weren't that good?
      This was before all the unpleasantness started so wouldn't go back to Diani.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Money's no good to me. Has to be diesel, guns and ammo, tinned or dried food, cooking oil or cigarettes.
        One or two good ideas there, but don't forget the iodine pills and water purifiers
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          One or two good ideas there, but don't forget the iodine pills and water purifiers
          Brexit will purify everything.

Comment

Working...
          X