• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's all our fault

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all our fault

Muslim women are the most economically disadvantaged group in British society, according to a report by MPs.
    They are three times more likely to be unemployed and looking for a job than women generally and more than twice as likely to be economically inactive, the Women and Equalities Committee said.
    Ministers must introduce a plan to tackle the inequalities before the end of the year, the MPs urged.
    The government said it was committed to making Britain "work for everyone".

"The impact of Islamophobia on Muslim women should not be underestimated," it went on.
    Muslim women most disadvantaged, say MPs - BBC News

I really don't think it is the wider population that is largely responsible for hindering the economic and social development of Muslim women in the UK.

White middle aged males did it. The leftist islamic British Broadcasting Corruption told me so.

Comment

Ministers must introduce a plan to tackle the inequalities before the end of the year
      Remind me what colour government is in power again?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        White middle aged males did it. The leftist islamic British Broadcasting Corruption told me so.
        Funny. In another place some lefties were complaining how the BBC has a right-wing agenda.

Anyway. From Private Eye
        In February the Muslim Women’s Network UK (MWN) wrote to Jeremy Corbyn detailing concerns about Muslim male councillors blocking “able, knowledgeable and independent-minded” women from standing for public office and alleging the party was colluding with “systematic misogyny” to harvest votes. The national media then aired claims about candidate selection stitch-ups and Muslim women threatened with being “shamed” if they persisted in challenging traditional male-dominated community politics.

"If they (the Labour party) really wanted to they would have to scrutinise long-term Muslim male councillors, people who have been members or councillors for decades, and they don’t want to go there. They’re needed to get the Muslim vote out and the Labour Party will turn a blind eye.”
        More here from the lefty Gruaniad. Muslim women 'blocked from seeking office by male Labour councillors' | Politics | The Guardian
        And here from the lefty BBC. Muslim women 'stopped from becoming Labour councillors' - BBC News

It wouldn't surprise me if well educated Muslim women were finding it more difficult to find jobs in the current climate - but the problem for the poorly educated women is far worse and caused, in my view, by a patriarchal, misogynistic application of Islam.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Shouldn't they be educating the husbands?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can they not get jobs as prostitutes and increase their earning power?

Comment

As NAT suggested many of the issues are within the culture.
              Last edited by vetran; 11 August 2016, 10:15.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

It wouldn't surprise me if well educated Muslim women were finding it more difficult to find jobs in the current climate - but the problem for the poorly educated women is far worse and caused, in my view, by a patriarchal, misogynistic application of Islam.
                Quite, my mother taught English as a second language in schools which was almost entirely to Pakistani kids. She thought the girls were all very clever and studious with hopes to go on to study pharmacy or medicine but ended up getting arranged to some goat herder from back home before the chance of a career. Quite sad.

The focus of the article is miles off.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  but ended up getting an arranged marriage to their first cousin goat herder from back home before the chance of a career. Quite sad.

The focus of the article is miles off.
                  FTFY
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ultimately the responsibility for this mince comes from the equality squad in the government, my issue with the article was that it did not challenge the findings. We desperately need to drop using parity of esteem when dealing with minorities with these issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X