• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Half of women sexually harassed at work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post

Poor SB, he can't really help being a knuckle-dragging retard.
    He prides himself in it, and I've learnt to respect that. If I was going to keep one cretin as a pet, and send the rest off to the pound, I'd definitely keep SB.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Maybe YOU won't but many others would, or might, depending on all sorts of things to do with menopauses and menstrual cycles. And that is before we even consider the ones that might feel "sexually harassed" because all of the men in their workplace routinely blank them for fear of causing some mystery offence.
      As a post-menopausal woman, I think you're an idiot.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Since I have no idea what you're talking about, no, I don't.
        It's some new contrived "gender-neutral" pronoun, meant to represent "he or she"

Usually just saying "they" or "them" is quite sufficient.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          It's some new contrived "gender-neutral" pronoun, meant to represent "he or she"

Usually just saying "they" or "them" is quite sufficient.
          Goats and Monkeys! I just snorted into my kedgeree!

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post

Poor SB, he can't really help being a knuckle-dragging retard.
            I only hope he never gets into a situation where he works with women or has any responsibility in promoting or managing them.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              I only hope he never gets into a situation where he works.
              FTFY

Anything he touches is bound to be a disaster

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                I only hope he never gets into a situation where he works with women or has any responsibility in promoting or managing them.
                I'd say you're pretty safe there.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I'd say you're pretty safe there.
                  How exactly? He falls under Mauve Monkey category

Comment

I'm certainly not saying a way a woman dresses should invite sexual harassment but I've just come in today and one lady in herlate 20's early 30's is here with knee high high heel boots, tight leggings and a white top that clearly shows her bra. IMO that's just not acceptable and most certainly turns heads and invites discussion amongst the guys. It's business casual here with open neck shirts and trousers, most wear a suit but take the jacket off. People in jeans are sometimes pulled to one side on the guys but rarely the ladies. Most male managers wouldn't dare point it out although they should.

As I say what you wear shouldn't be a reason to be harassed IMO but honestly, some of the ladies really need to think what is and isn't acceptable at work.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I'm certainly not saying a way a woman dresses should invite sexual harassment but I've just come in today and one lady in herlate 20's early 30's is here with knee high high heel boots, tight leggings and a white top that clearly shows her bra.
                      Sorry about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X