• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laser Eye Surgery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laser Eye Surgery

OK, I'm officially an

Not only do I need varifocals for day to day stuff, I now also need a separate pair glasses for working with a display screen and for reading. On top of that I need a spare pair to use while my current pair are being re-glazed and will need to get prescription inserts for my cycling glasses as well.

So, rather than having (and having to pay for) at least four pairs of specs it;s time to look for an alternative.

Contacts are a no go, I've tried them and really didn't get on with them at all.

Has anyone had Laser Surgery, who did you use, where you happy with them?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

I'm in a similar position. Was talking to a mate of mine just last week about this and he told me that a friend of his had used a Harley Street place and was delighted with the result. I asked him to get me the name of the place. I'll try to remember to share it with you when he comes back to me.

Comment

Wife had it done. Left with severely dry eyes, needing eye-drops every half an hour or so.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Name and Shame? (the clinic, not your Wife of course!)

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Wife had it done. Left with severely dry eyes, needing eye-drops every half an hour or so.
          Short-term or long-term?

She also has the unfortunate side effect of being able to see your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Short-term or long-term?

She also has the unfortunate side effect of being able to see your face.
            Surely the resulting tears would have counteracted the dry eyes?

Comment

I think results vary depending on how bad your eyes are and which type of laser surgery you need. I had LASIK surgery with Optimax about 4 years ago, I was short sighted but only by -1.25. Wasn't too painful afterward, for a few hours it smarted a bit, like when you get smoke in your eyes, but had recovered completely within 24 hours and very happy with the results, vision is completely fine, no contacts any more

My other half though, had to have LASEK surgery because of astigmatism. LASEK is a bit more intense and his eyeballs were puffed up and sore for about 5 days and bloodshot for another week after that. Although he has normal day time vision, his night time vision is a bit blurry especially if tired.

Like a said this was a few years ago and I think the process has got even better since then. Wish I had of done it years ago!

Comment

Found this link.

LASIK Complications, Risks: 10 Reasons NOT to Have LASIK:

Seems to be a high risk of ending up with dry eyes or other "visual effects" as per Mrs NAT.

Not serious, but could be annoying.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Permanent or temporary. From what I've read dry eyes are a known complication but should clear up after a couple of weeks.

Comment

Laser Eye Surgery

Don't post much but this is something I actually know about! Don't do it. Went with moorfields associated private guy, all assurances, lots of money. Result: Extremely Dry eyes as NAT says above, much higher light sensitivity, half ruins your night vision, can be difficult to work in Office environments with artificial lights etc. Eyes never feel relaxed anymore. And the surgeon has no idea what to do, claims its all fine, "RAF pilot vision..", points to small print claiming no responsibility for "side effects". Massive load of boll***s, shysters the lot of em.

Comment

Working...
                    X