• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urgent health advice needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Got a cold with a nasty dry cough. When I go to the off-license, should I get a bottle of whisky, whiskey or brandy?
    Bourbon. A bottle a day, keeps the doctor away.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Meh – I am with you on the feeling pants – had bone marrow test today (they punch a hole in your hip bone & core drill a sample) now WFH sitting in a nest of pillows.

My self-prescribed medication is chocolate now & Bailies later.

But I must admit Malvolios’s suggestion of port & rum is intriguing me: but what rum to use? My choices are: Kraken / Sailor Jerry / M&S Guatemalan / Red Lobster
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        Meh – I am with you on the feeling pants – had bone marrow test today (they punch a hole in your hip bone & core drill a sample) now WFH sitting in a nest of pillows.

But I must admit Malvolios’s suggestion of port & rum is intriguing me: but what rum to use? My choices are: Kraken / Sailor Jerry / M&S Guatemalan / Red Lobster
        That's what he said

Rum? Bacardi Oakheart.

Or just get smashed on gin and tonic.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post

You are brave, unlike me who has opted out of having a couple of nasty retests of a different nature.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Leave the EU. It cures everything.

Comment

Get a little cough medicine from Val-de-Travers (Neuchâtel). There's a green coloured one which works for me.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

For you NATzi I suggest Domestos, kills 99% of all known germs.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Get a little cough medicine from Val-de-Travers (Neuchâtel). There's a green coloured one which works for me.
                  Maybe also pick up a cuckoo clock, whilst out, to cheer yourself up a bit
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    None of the above. Get a crate of mead
                    Why not go the whole hog and put some leeches on as well?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Why not go the whole hog and put some leeches on as well?
                      They'll drink the mead.

Comment

Working...
                      X